music festival with you: J.D.

brief summary: y/n and Josh attend a music festival together during Josh's time off.

"Come on Josh let's go see the 1975 next." Y/N said excitedly.

Josh just smiled and went along with her. The pair was enjoying themselves at a music festival on one of Josh's rare days off while Tyler and Jenna went to a local winery. Josh had tried to buy VIP tickets but Y/N insisted that he got the normal person experience. Josh finally gave in and Y/N created a good disguise for him. She pulled out a long sleeve button down with a white v-neck to go underneath, some brown chino shorts, black vans, a hat with a wide brim and some Josh's signature sunglasses. Josh really did not want to wear a long sleeve shirt on this hot day but Y/N insisted that it would keep his tattoos from giving him away. She had the same thought process for the hat. 

Josh was pulled out of his thoughts and was pulled back into the present. The 1975 had already started and Y/N was slowly swaying to "Robbers". Josh wrapped his muscular arms around her and began swaying to the music with her. He loved this song and he knew that she did too. As soon as the song was over the pair came apart and clapped loudly for one of their favorite bands.

Josh leaned down to talk to Y/N during Love Me and said, "I bet if we go up to security and I take off this hat and sunglasses, that they'd let us meet the band." 

"I bet that you that could happen, but today I just want to spend the day with you." Y/N said. Josh shrugged and said, "You had your chance, babe."

Y/N shoved Josh playfully and they both laughed over the ordeal. It was decided that it would be best if they just spent the day with each other.

After the 1975 was over Josh and Y/N quickly weaved their way out of the crowd and made their way over to the food trucks. After bickering back and forth for five minutes, they decided on getting some ice cream for lunch. Josh got mint chip and Y/N got strawberry. After receiving their ice cream, the pair meandered over to the hillside to enjoy their sugary snacks. 

As the sun shone down on the two, it warmed their hearts and made them even happier to be together in this moment. Josh thought that the light was hitting Y/N perfectly so he pulled out his phone and snapped the perfect picture of her when she wasn't paying attention. He posted it to his instagram with the caption, "Power to the local dreamer. Day off with my girl." 

They wrapped up their day not too long after finishing their ice cream and headed back to the hotel to be reunited with Jenna and Tyler. 

A/N

Hey! I was inspired to write this after I went to a music festival last weekend. I wish that I could go to one every weekend. This isn't my best writing but hopefully the next ones will be better.