Chapter 47

I'm now back in California and I have to go back to school again today... The only good thing is that it's October season, which means I need to start thinking about my costume.
I sighed as I flipped through a costume magazine as I ate a piece of toast.
Leo walked into the room and he sighed when he saw me.
"Halloween already?" He asked. I nodded. He rolled his eyes playfully.
"Do you want to have cheesy couple costumes?" I joked.
"Sure." He shrugged.
"I was kidding." I said.
"And I wasn't. It'd be fun. Everyone would know that you're mine." He smiled. I rolled my eyes again as I stood up and set the magazine down.
"Coming?" I asked as I headed towards the door. Leo quickly grabbed a piece of toast and ran after me.
He grabbed my hand with his other hand and he locked the door.
"Let's do this." I said.
-
I arrived at school and it felt like everyone's eyes were on me. But, I'm probably over exaggerating...I guess I'm still shocked Leo and I said I love you just days before.  I seemed to walk slower through the halls too...
I walked into class and I sat down quickly in my seat. I looked behind me and I saw Hunter staring at me in the distance. I quickly turned back towards the front as I sunk into my seat.
What's her problem?
I bit my lip as I thought. Leo sat next to me with a cookie in his hand. He passed me it.
"Thanks..." I mumbled. Leo glanced at Hunter and he raised an eyebrow.
"What's her problem?..." He mumbled.
"Right!" I exclaimed. A sigh of relief surged through me as I heard him say that. I really like this couple thing.
-
"So you'll help with the setting up for volunteering later on wont you Naomi?" The teacher asked me.
I nodded my head hesitantly.
"Great! They would really need you right now. Something about help with placing something somewhere." The teacher said. I stood up and walked towards the cafeteria where this volunteering thing is happening. The college kids donated money and food and they get to host a dinner party for homeless people. It's a great cause and I totally forgot I sighed up to help set up, but not for attending. It's not that I don't want to be here. It's that I'll be a bother. I'm not good with people.
I walked as I minded my own business into the kitchen. I froze once I noticed it was Ariana, Hunter, and Mckenzie volunteering.
Great.
"Why are you here?" Mckenzie asked.
"I'm here for the volunteering..." I mumbled. Suddenly I felt super nervous.
Hunter and Mckenzie seemed to give each other a glance that meant something, but I didn't seem to catch the memo, at least, not at the time.
"Hey Naomi..." Hunter mumbled as she tilted her head to the side, kinda like what you'd do to a little girl.
"Huh?" I asked feeling a bit irritated.
"Will you be a doll and crawl into the freezer to get something for us? We don't have small enough fingers to grab the things from the back." Hunter said as a slight smile appeared on her. The freezer was unusually big... I didn't say anything.
"You don't trust us? Fine." Hunter mumbled. She walked towards the cord of the freezer and she unplugged it.
"There. Now it's not on. You can trust us." Hunter said as she held the cord. I hesitantly walked towards the freezer. They seemed to urge me with their eyes as I drew nearer and nearer towards the freezer. I gave slight shaky breaths as I appeared at the freezer and I crawled in and reached for the thing in the back. Although, I didn't put my whole body in.
"A little further Naomi..." Mckenzie mumbled. Ariana watched innocently.
I sighed as I put my whole body into the freezer and I reached for the thing. The door shut behind me and I heard a lock.
"Guys! This isn't funny!" I said as I pounded on the door. I heard the freezer start again....
Hunter plugged it back in.
"Guys!"
I heard someone laugh and then I heard silence.
"Anyone! Please!" I said as I pounded on the door harder. I shivered as I wrapped my arms around me.
"Someone...please....it's so cold..." I whispered as I sat down.
-
{Leo's P.O.V}
I waited as I leaned on the wall for Naomi. I checked my phone and I sighed.
10 mins late Naomi...I wonder what her excuse is now.