2

Grayson's POV

Once I woke up we were at our new house. My mom and I got off the car and went inside to wait for the trailers with all our stuff.

I'll tell you a little bit about my mom. She's single. She's a bitch. But she's my mom and I do love her. My dads an asshole who doesn't even pay child support. My mom says she doesn't need his money because she does fine on her own. Ive never met the guy.

But yeah my mom went to school once she found out about my... problems. Now she has a job as a probation officer. Fucking great right.

"It's pretty isn't it?"

"It's smaller."

"Are you kidding? It's perfect for the both of us. Two story, already installed alarm system, pool!"

"Yay!" I said sarcastically "...except it's winter."

"Well winter doesn't last forever. Oh the trailers are here, go pick a room and then come help."

"I want the-"

"The master bedroom is mine."

"Fuck."

I walked upstairs and walked into the first room. It was big, connected to another room that looks like an office or some shit, cool sized closet, and bathroom.
I walked downstairs and saw the overweight bastards moving in our stuff.

"Hey be careful with that couch it's from China."
They gave me a dirty look and I just laughed because we got the couch at a fucking yard sale.
"Shit heads."
I chuckled and walked out to grab boxes and shit.

"Here put these in the kitchen."

"I think it's only fair that I take out only what belongs to me since I was forced to move to this shit hole."

"Bakersfield isn't that bad once you get used to it. These to the kitchen... now!"

I rolled my eyes at her and did as she said.

It's fucked up isn't it, how we're practically slaves to our parents?

You don't have to agree with me but if you do thank you, someone understands. If you don't well... fuck you.

After hours of walking in and out of the house, my mom was putting her shit together in her room.
While she was distracted with decorating I decided to check out the alarm system.

On the counter right under the keypads were the directions on how to use it.

"So it goes off every time you open the entrances and exits... hm, lets see how loud it is."
I set it up and walked to the back door and opened it up.

"Back door open."

Damn that's pretty loud.

"You like the backyard??" I walked outside and saw my mom looking down from her balcony.

"The pools empty."

"It's winter!" She mocked me.

"Fuck off." I whispered. I walked back inside and kept looking through the manual. I wanted to see if there was a way to lower the volume.
Oh wait I can just turn it off whenever I wanna go out. Lets see if it makes any noise when I turn it off.

Three quick beeps.

I could muffle it. I went upstairs to my room and decided to put it together.
I asked the movers to put my bed against the window but those fucking fat asses put it against the wall.
My strategy is that if I sneak out and the door somehow gets locked I just sneak in through my window and land in my bed like nothing happened. It's smart and it works. Thank god the alarm system only works on the doors and the garage.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was almost ten at night.
I decided instead of sneaking out to check out my surroundings I'm just gonna go to sleep so my mom has some peace tonight.