Reminder#198

◇بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم◇

Prophet Muhammad (صلی الله علیہ وسلم) said:
" Truthfulness leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise; a person remains truthful until he is written as a Siddeeq (truthful person) with Allah. Lying leads to sin and sin leads to the Fire; a person keeps lying until he is written as a Kadhdhab (liar) with Allah."
(Bukhari, Muslim)

The basic principle concerning telling lies is that it is one of the signs of the hypocrites,
because the Prophet (صلی الله علیہ وسلم)
said: "The signs of the hypocrite are three: when he speaks, he lies, when he makes a promise he breaks it, and when he is entrusted with something he breaks that trust."
( Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 32; Muslim, 89.

But there are some instances in which Islam permits lying, if that serves a greater purpose or wards off a greater harm:

These cases include the following:

1- When a person is intermediating in order to bring about reconciliation between two disputing parties.

2- When a man speaks to his wife, or a wife to her husband, concerning matters that will increase the love between them.

3- War.

It was narrated that Asma' bint Yazeed said:
The Messenger of Allah(صلی الله علیہ وسلم) said:
"Lies are not appropriate except in three cases: when a man speaks to his wife to please her, telling lies at times of war, and lying in order to bring about reconciliation between people.
(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2546; Muslim, 2605 )

So, Let's try our best to be truthful always because the real muslim is honest. :)

                      _______________________

Assalam o Alaikum wr wb..
I hope everyone is doing good..

As u all can see that now 'Islamic Reminders' is about to reach 200 parts/reminders ..
So once again i need ur honest suggestions here..

1* should i continue the series in one book? ( tho personally i don't want to split the book into parts :/ )
2* should i even continue this book or this is enough now ?

Waiting for ur opinions..

Take good care everyone..
Stay happy..
Stay blessed..
FiAmanillah.