Meeting The Parents

Kody's Point of View

The car ride to where we were headed seamed to take hours.  My sister and I had no idea where we were headed so we just sat in the back of the car seilently.  We pulled into a long winding drive as an elderly man and woman came out the front door.  The car came to a stopand the driver got out of the car.  As did Kaylynn and I.  the elderlu couple came up to Mrs. Vangasbec and shook her hand.  Mrs. Vangasbec looked at Kaylynn and I and smiled.

"This," She looked at the couple then back at me and Kaylynn.  "This is your new home.  Bill and Jeanie Mayson have agreed to be your foster parents."  I looked at Kaylynn and half smiled.  I wanted my sister to think I was happy.  I didn't want her to see my pain.  My parents die on my fourthteenth birthday and your option is foser care?  I smiled at Mrs. Vangasbec.  She tooko our bags out of the back of the car and sat them in front of us.  Bill and Jeanie lead us into the house and showed me and Kaylynn our room.  This house was much smaller than the one that we lived in wtih our parents.  There were two bedrooms, one bathroom, a kitchen, and a family room.  Jeanie opened the door to mine and Kaylynn's room.  This room was rather large.  Probley the old guest room.  We sat down our bags and Bill came and greeted Jeanie at our door.  Then they both left and walked down the hall toward the family room and left me and my sister alone.  Kaylynn stoof motionless in the middle of the room.  I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her envelovping her in a Kody hug.  She smiled and hugged me back.  I let go and went back to my bed and suitcase.  I wasnted so badly just to throw the whole thing out the window. Clothes and all.  Only because they remined me of my parents.  I glanced over at Kay.  She was crying.  I couldn't stand the sight of my little twin sister crying.  I could feel a single tear run down my eye.  I instanly wiped away before Kay could see it.  I took out my phone and said,"First picture in our new house sis?"

She smiled and nodded.  I walked over to her and sat on her bed.  I put my arms around her and we both smiled.  I snapped the picture.  I shared it one Facebook and tagged me and Kay in it.  Then I commented on it "Sexy Sibs <3" Kay looked at it and giggled. 

In a weird voice I said,"Imma tickle you."

Kaylynn let out a shrill shreek and jumped off the bed and darted out the door.  I ran after her as she ran into the family room.  She cornored herself.  I laughed eviely and smiled.  I grabbed her and started tickling her.  Bill and Jeanie laughed at us like we were so intersting.  Kay fell to the floor and died of laughter.

I held my hand out to her to help her up but she pulled me down with her.  We both laughed for a moment then got up.  Jeanie called us into the kitchen for dinner.  As I walked in I could smell homade pizza.

We sat at the table and ate in silence until Bill asked a question. 

"What are some things you guys like to do?"

I replied,"I like to skateboard and in the winter I like to sled and ski."

Kay replied a few minutes later."I love to write."

Then the room went silent.

Bill and Jeanie both nodded their heads.  They glanced at each other and then looked back at my sister and I.  Bill then began to speak.  "So why don't right after we eat we take you two out to do something fun.  To mark the first day of your being with us?"

I nodded my head and so did Kaylynn.  We finshed eating our dinner in silence.  Kaylynn and I finished first and went into the living room to watch television while we waited for Bill and Jeanie to get done with their Chicken and Noodles.  I turned it on to Sponge Bob.  It was the Christmas Episode when Sponge Bob gives all of the citizens of Bikini Bottom fruit cake that turns them all evil.  A few mintues later Bill and Jeanie were done. 

"Kody!  Kaylynn!  Go and get in to the car!  Bill and I will be on our way on in a second."  Jeanie yelled from their room. 

Kaylynn's Point of View

We ran out to the car and got buckled.  I could tell that they were car people and not house people.  There house was all dingy and small, while there car was a 1974 Mustang Convertible.  Yup.  Defiantly car people.  Bill and Jeanie came out a couple minutes later.  They had changed clothes.  Now I was thinking that they were any type of people except house people.  They came out dressed in Fancy Clothes.  Bill in a capacious waist coat with matching dress pants.  Jeanie in a diamond studded blouse with heals and nice jeans.  For old people they sure had a sense of fashion.  Maybe they were going to take us shopping.  Ha ha.  I could see it now.  Two old geezers with to young teenagers in a store like the downtown mall.  Laughing stock of the century.  Bill got into the drivers seat and started the car,  He was letting it warm up I was assuming.  After it was kinda hot in the car, he sped off down the street.  I got out my phone to check the time.  It was 7:37.  Then my phone buzzed.  I had a text message from one of my friends from my old school.  Riley.  I opened the message and bit my lip so I wouldn't cry.  Riley brought back so many memories from my parents.  She practliy lived at my house.  We did everything together.  My parents called her there third child. 

Hey Kay Kay.  How u doin sis?  I heard bout the death in the paper.  I cried 4 hours.  I feel like I lost some of my life.....  :( im so sorrie.  i wish u didnt have to move away imma miss u.  we need to hang out sometime.  love ya lots sissy.

I didn't reply back.  I just put my phone away.  I couldn't stand the pain anymore.  I just wanted to forget about everything from the crash.  Every time I thought about something from my life before the crash it always made me think about the crash. 

We pulled into the parking lot for the movie theatre. 

Bill got everyone tickets for a new movie that I didn't know the name of.  All I knew was that it was a kiddie movie.  What a great way to show us you love us..

AFTER THE MOVIE.

That was a waste of two hours of my life.  As soon as I got home I went to sleep.  What a great way to end the day.  Sleep.