Young and Naive

Picture on side is Griffin

Kaylynn's Point of View

Today was mine and Kody's first day at our new school.  A Monday.  Two days since the wreck.  One day after meeting the fosters.  I looked to see if Kody was walking next to me still, but he had already wandered off somewhere else.  I walked down the hall of Whin View High Jr/Sr High School, all alone.  I was wearing a short skirt, a low cut top, and pair of black converse.  As I walked down the hall, I saw girls dressed in sweatpants and jeans giving me weird looks.  I looked to my right.  The same.  But with this group of girl was also a group of guys.  They were standing in front of the exit door.  One boy stood out to me.  Kody.  The group of guys headed outside.  I turned around and quietly followed them making sure to not be seen.  When they got outside they went behind a wall and pulled something out of their pockets and offered it to Kody.  I snuck a little closer.  A cigarette?  Weed?  Marajoana?  They handed him a lighter.  Kody lit the smoke then took a few slow puffs.  I put my hand over my mouth so that I wouldnt scream.  I backed around the wall and slowly showed my self.  Kody's mouth opened in awe. 

He dropped whatever he was smoking to the ground.  A guy who was buff with light brown hair and baby blue eyes sopke.  "Who's this fruitcake?" and walked closer to me.  Neither me or Kody answered.  He came closer and grabbed me by my waist and pulled me to him.  He looked deep into my eyes.  "Hello. My names Griffin.  And cutie? What would your name be?"  He tightened his grip around my waist.  He snuck both of his hands around to my back and snuck one of them up my the back of my shirt.  Griffin started playing with the back of my bra strap.  I tried to get free but his grip was too strong.  Griffen put his other hand on my butt and slapped it.  I finally replied. 

"I'm Kaylynn.  Kody's twin." He shot a glare at Kody then back at me. 

"I should have know.  Same sleek black hair.  Same shiney grey eyes.  He paused as if he was thinking of more compliments.  "Your such a cutie.  Did you know that?"  I shook my head and he smirked.  Something must have clicked in Kody's mind because he came over to us and shoved Griffin off me.  He hugged me tight.

"If I ever see any of you guys near my sister, I will kill you." Kody said with a stern tone in his voice.  I was sudnellly frightened.  i had never seen Kody like this.  I looked up at him.  He let go of me and walked away in a fast walk.  I ran to catch up to him.  Kody stopped and turned to me.  He grabbed my soulders. "Don't tell Bill and Jeanie.  Please.  I promise I'll stop."  I felt hot tears running down my face.  "I don't want you arounded them.  Understand?"  I nodded in agrement.  Kody hugged me one last time and then wakled away.  So far my first dat was terrible.  I have to keep an eye on Kody and make sure he doesn't smoke anymore.

I walked into my class room right as the bell rang.  I took an open seat in th every back of the room.  Far away from Griffin and his posy.  The teacher stood and said,"On this wonderful Monday morning we have a new student.  She will inturduce her self and tell us a little bit about her."

I stood at the front of the room with my hands firmly at my sides.  I wainted until I saw the teacher nod at me, then I started.  "My name is Kaylynn Kelf.  In my free time I like to write and draw."  I tried to make my self sound as boring as possible so people wouldn't want to hang around me.  if you can't tell by now, I'm not much of a people person.  I then walked back to my seat and fidgeted with my books while the whole room was silent. 

The teacher started talking about the lesson.  In what only seamed like a matter of mintues, the bell rand and people hurried out of the room.  I got up from my chair and walked toward the door.  Some one came behind me and tapped my shoulder.  I turned to see a boy about my age with dirty blonde hair and light green eyes.  "Hey Kay. Can I call you Kay?" I nodded.  "My name is Austin.  I couldn't help but noticing your eyes.  They... they uh... Catch the light very well.  They sparkle I guess you would say."  Then he smiled.

"Thanks.  They are grey." I then thought of a compliment to say back to him.  I glanced down at his feet.  Black and red Nikey Air.  "Nice shoes," I said then smiled faintly and turned and started to walk out the dorr.  Austin caught up to me and walked down the hallway with me.

"Maybe we could... uh you know, hang out sometime?" 

I dug a piece of paper out of my binder and jotted down the address for the pizza place down the street from my house.  I handed him the paper.  Austin read over it and shot me a smile.  "So... I will meet you there... when?"

"Tomorrow at four pm."

"Ok... I guess I will see you there."  He then walked away with a smile on his face. 

Friend Count- One