Snoggletog! "Saddle Making" (Chapter 1)

Dusty woke up to the sound of a familiar growl coming from above her, it sounded like it was from the roof. She rolled her eyes, she felt cold due to the morning wake up and her eyes were clouded. She rubbed them and got up, she put on her warm clothes and dragged herself out of the door. When she went outside, she felt a shot of freezing ice got though her system, she then looked up and right in her face was Strikers snout and yellow eyes staring at her. His eyes were no longer thin slits and we're instead large slitted friendly eyes looking down at her.
    "Well good morning mister sparky." Dusty greeted as she scratched the side of his head. He gurgled a laugh in response and glided down and walked beside her. Dusty laughed as she put her hand on his head, Striker smiled and showed his back to Dusty. "We're going to have to make you a saddle to be honest." Dusty chuckled sheepishly as she rubbed her leg and felt a tiny shot of pain. Striker gave her a curious look but went with it, he then bit a piece of her clothes and it was leather. "Yeah yeah we'll have to make it leather." She said as she swatted her dragon away. He wagged his tail happily and followed Dusty to Gobber's workshop.

Dusty took as much leather as she could, metal hinges, some spear belt buckles she had and some rope. She then started to shape it up, she made the seat smooth with a cantle to keep her balance, she also made sure that the saddle would fit right in front of Strikers wings and not on his crown spikes. She also put the straps on his chest and the other behind his wings right beside his legs, there was also a handle right on the pommel for her to guide him left right, dive down, level out and fly upwards.
    Dusty swiped her hand over her forehead as she stared at the saddle she had made, it was the perfect fit for Striker! She has also made sure that under the saddle it would be soft wool so that Striker is comfortable for wearing it. It took her all morning to finish it, for a while Striker watched make it but he got tired and decided to fly off and play with Spark and Blue (Dusty's new zippleback she trained). Dusty sighed in relief, she felt like falling over and falling asleep, she half did that. She instead sat down on her chair and ended up taking a nap.
   The brown-haired viking shot her eyes open suddenly when she heard a loud clank that was heard right beside her. She looked over and she saw Gobber there with one foot in the air and a sheepish guilty look on his face.
    "Hello Gobber. Thanks for wakin' me up." She said as she got up and yanwed.
Gobber sighed in relief. "No problem lass, I'd though I'd make ye mad. Did you make that?" He asked pointing to the saddle that she made.
Dusty nodded. "Yeah, it took me all morning to make." She started to stretch her back, neck and shoulders. She then took her saddle and put it over her shoulder. "Alright, I'm off to find Striker, have you seen him?"
    "Yeah, the last I saw him he was with Fishlegs and the twins." He pointed out towards the center of the village. Dusty smiled. "Thanks Gobber! See ya around!" She suddenly got stopped by Gobber grabbing the back of her shirt and pulled her back using his fake hand.
    "Now now, lass I'm coming too. I have to speak ta Stoick anyway." He stated as he took the saddle from Dusty and he started to walk away, Dusty grinned and walked with him to the center of the village.

Striker roared out at Blue and Spark, they replied with a small screech, they then walked off and went with Barf and Belch. Striker scratched the top of his head using his claw and put it back down on the ground, he suddenly shot up when he saw Dusty from afar. He wagged his tail and ran towards her.
    Dusty heard a screech from a distance away, she looked over and she saw her dragon running towards her with a toothy grin on his face.
     "Hey boy!" She called out, Striker licked her face happily and nudged his head up at her. Gobber smiled and shrugged his shoulder and dropped the saddle on Dusty's hands. Strikers crown spikes rose up in curiosity as he sniffed the saddle and gazed at the piece of leather. "Yup, try to guess what this is!" She quizzed. Striker tilted his head in confusion, he then nudged his snout at it and gurgled. Striker then showed his back at the saddle and looked at Dusty with hopeful eyes.
    "You got that right! It's a saddle!" Dusty beamed, she started to slowly put the saddle on Strikers back, his spikes shot up in surprise but he stayed calm, Dusty then started to strap up the saddle under his belly.
   Dusty suddenly remembered that today is Snoggletog! She smiled as she strapped the saddle tighter but making sure not to make Striker uncomfortable.
     "See this as a Snoggletog gift to ya, alright?" She told him, she blushed a little from embarrassment. Striker wagged his tail but stayed still until Dusty was finished. When she arranged the saddle and looked from afar to see how it looked like, she smiled. "It looks perfect!"
   Striker looked behind him and moved around on his fours as he jumped up and down, the saddle did not move an inch and stayed right where it should be. He wagged his tail again and gave her a bright toothy smile and he went over to her and licked her face.
     "Haha! Happy Snoggletog, boy!" She laughed and scruffled his head. Striker suddenly roared at her and pushed his back at her, he tried to shake it around to show her the handle but failed. Dusty got the message and mounted him. The saddle fitted perfectly, she was able to put her feet in the stirrup pad (it's not used for kicking, only for balancing her feet when taking off) and hold on onto the leather/rope made handle. She moved it around making Striker move around dizzily and unbalanced.
    "Whoa! Easy there boy!" She exclaimed as she laughed again. Striker did an excited screech as he sprinted off towards the nearby edge. Gobber laughed in the background and waved his hand towards them and walked off to find his friend.
     "Uh-umm Striker?!" Dusty exclaimed, she noticed she wasn't  flailing around as much now that she was on the saddle. She suddenly pulled back the handle making Striker take two steps back. "Oh look at that! It actually works!" Dusty exclaimed happily, Striker screeched joyfully as he extended his wings out as he took a step fowards. "Go one boy!"
Striker roared and jumped up in the air and leaped off the edge, he dived down and folded his wings as he fell down on the ocean. Dusty tightened her grip on the handle and as soon as she saw the water about to hit them she pulled up, Striker opened up his wings and he floated up into the air away from the ocean. They then flew up higher and higher until they reached the clouds, Dusty suddenly sneezed and guided Striker back down.
    "Okay, lets not go up that high, lets go try out how fast you can really go though!" She shouted out. Striker replied with a raaawrk and flapped his wings harder as he dived down and then back up. The cold freezing air hit Dusty's face but it made her feel free, she sighed making vapor come out from her breath. Striker then went to the speed where Dusty would usually fall off, but Dusty didn't even feel like falling off. She felt safe as she flew her dragon around, she quickly dived her whole body down to let Striker gain speed. He roared and dived down before opening his wings again making splashes of water come out and he flew fowards and his speed was at maximum. Dusty's hair flew back, she had a big grin stuck on her face and Striker's wings were on lightning and as he flew his entire body was getting more and more lit up in lightning. When his entire body was lit Dusty didn't feel anything, she wooooo'ped happily before Striker stopped and flew up send backwards doing twirls and air spirals towards the sky. Dusty kept shouting and screaming happily before grabbing the handle and guided Striker back to Berk.

When they arrived in Berk, Dusty noticed that there were a load of dragons flying in the sky and even the dragons on Berk were flying off with them. Striker's eyes turned to slits as he growled uneasily as he glared up at the dragons, Dusty put her hand on his head and tried to reassure him.
     "Hold on boy, we have to land!" She ordered in panic as she guided him on Berk, she immediately got off and ran towards the center of the village. She caught a glimpse of everyone's dragon flying off roaring, and she could see Astrids dragon fly off.
    "Astrid! What's happening?" Dusty asked in panic. Striker immediately ran towards her and looked up as his pikes shot up, he suddenly nudged his head at her and started to flap his wings and fly off with the dragons.
Dusty's eyes widened. "Striker! Where are you going?!" Dusty yelled at her dragon, he didn't reply and he instead called for Blue and Bolt (Sparks other name ^^') and told them something before flying off.

   "Hiccup what's going on? Where are they going?" She heard Astrids voice call out. Dusty turned over and she saw Hiccup and Toothless there, the young viking was surrounded by all the other shocked vikings. They were all asking him why the dragons were flying away.
   "HOLD ON! GIVE HIM A CHANCE TO SPEAK!" The chief shouted as he pushed away the other Vikings to see his son. "Hiccup where are all of our dragons going?" He asked.
    "Dad, I don't know." Hiccup answered as he shrugged. Dusty sighed as she looked back up at the dragons flying off.

  "Snoggletog is ruined!" A viking yelled out in despair in the hall. Dusty sat down on her seat beside Tuffnut, she had her hand resting her jaw line and sighed as she put on a grimace. Tuffnut looked down as well, actually everyone looked down. Dusty caught the other walking outside and she decided to walk with the gang, as they walked to their separate houses.
   "Well that was depressing." Ruffnut said bluntly with a down expression.
Astrid nodded. "I know! I was really looking forward to spend the holiday with Stormfly!"
Fishlegs suddenly started to whistle, weirdly it sounded like he was happy. Tuffnut noticed as well and gave him a weird look.
   "What are you so happy about? Don't you miss Meatlug?" Tuff asked him.
Fishlegs shot up in surprise. "Uh? Oh yeah, I-" he started to sob. "I miss him so much!.." Fishlegs sobbed again and he had a whiny voice on. Everyone noticed and have him weird looks. "Well goodnight!" He then sprinted away from the gang and disappeared.
   "Oh I've got an idea!" Astrid beamed, that caught Dusty's attention. "Let's come up with something new for the tradition! You know? To bury the sadness!"
Everyone groaned in disappointed except Hiccup. "Actually Astrid might be on to something!"
Dusty looked at him with a glare in her eye. "Easy for to say..."
    "Yeah! Your dragon can't go anywhere without you!" Tuffnut finished her sentence. Dusty nodded in agreement and walked off with her arms crossed.
   "It must be nice." Ruffnut mumbled as she followed and everyone went to each of their houses.