two \\ mina

two \\

"So you're not coming home?"

Koda leaned on her car, absently spinning her engagement ring around her finger. "We'll be back in the morning. Something came up."

"Dress catastrophe?" Derek questioned with half a laugh.

She lightly cracked a smile, "Not quite, no. I don't know much, but there's a pack here that I'm about to meet with. I'll tell you more after."

"Is everything okay?"

"We'll find out," Koda replied as she tightened her denim jacket around her body. She couldn't get cold, yet she felt a chill.

Nico emerged from the back door of the San Francisco bar, heavy music filtering out as he nodded to the four girls waiting in the alley.

Koda stood, briefly saying goodbye to Derek before putting her phone into her bag. She halfly glancing to Lydia, Kira and Malia before going forward into the unknown territory.

Nico led them through the foggy building, violet hues sparking with ecstasy as bodies collided carelessly on the dance floor. He parted a sea of people, a burly man lifting a red velvet rope as they approached.

"Drinks?"

"No," Nico said shortly to the waiter before any others could, escorting them to the farthest table tucked in the VIP section of Les Mis.

An elegant woman's head lifted at the sound of her name, warmly smiling at the sight of her beta. Brown eyes sparked a greeting red, one arm around a pretty blonde and the other clutching a bottle. "My, my, you weren't kidding, Nico."

"Dakoda, this is Mina. Mina-"

"Koda works fine," she interrupted Nico politely as she stood in front of the booth filled with standoffish occupants.

"Oh, I've heard of you," Mina practically purred as she ignored the marijuana clouds hovering over the night club. "Snapped a berserker's neck with your thighs." She smiled, delicate red curls shifting with her as she moved her arm off the girl next to her. "Leave me with Koda, and send Kai."

With Nico and the others parting from the booth, it left Mina with the four new arrivals that reeked of a Nematon.

Mina couldn't help but smile wider, nearly mysterious as she sat up. "Please, join me."

Koda was first to sit, Lydia on her side while Kira and Malia took the other side of Mina despite leaving a hesitant space between the unknown alpha.

"I hear Beacon Hills has had an awful lot of fun in the past year or two," Mina noted before taking another sip of her drink.

"That's putting it lightly," Lydia practically scoffed.

Mina's eyes skimmed the four, "Odd bunch you are."

"Very," agreed Koda without removing her eyes from Mina.

"It's really you. Deucalion's daughter, our queen." Mina's lips bore a pinked smile, waving over a waiter by simply holding up four fingers. "I want to see them, your eyes."

Koda showed no hesitation, a mint hue coveting her eyes for only a flash of a moment.

Mina laughed brightly, "Amazing. The Supreme rising in our era. What a time to be alive."

"Or a time to die," said Koda with a clear look on her face. "According to Nico, your banshee sensed me."

"From about a mile away," Mina agreed admirably as she lowered her beer bottle from her lips. "And here he comes."