three \\ an ironic existence

three \\

The Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital quaked with persona and pain, bodies shuffling in and out at every moment of the day.

Dakoda ran down the hall as a scream sounded within the first floor, eyes alert as she came across the lobby.

"Please, help her!"

The nurse found Caitlyn - a girl she once babysat in Rhode Island as well as healed her from breast cancer - was carrying a limp body of a brunette cheerleader.

"I need a gurney!" Koda yelled over her shoulder as she took the girl from Caitlyn. "What happened?" she quickly questioned as she carried the teen towards the rushing ER team.

Caitlyn followed Koda, in the same uniform as the bleeding girl. "We were leaving practice," the blonde struggled to say as she glanced to the scarlet tinting her blue and white top.

Koda transfered the pained brunette to the gurney, letting her associates court the girl away for immediate treatment. She turned back to Caitlyn, the cancer survivor looking better than ever. "Talk to me," she put a hand on her shoulder as she moved her away from the crowd.

"She fell on our way to her car," Caitlyn replied, her heart pounding out of her chest.

"That's more than a slip, Cait." Dakoda stopped the blonde by an empty wall, glancing both ways. "You can tell me."

Caitlyn hesitated, able to see the look in her eyes. "You can tell I'm different, can't you?"

"Of course I can," Koda simply replied as she absently held onto her stethoscope. "You can tell me about it another time, but right now I need to know what happened to your friend. Supernatural or not."

"When we got to the car, or at least near it, she used the autostart. Thing is, it seemed fine but I heard ticking. I thought I was imagining it because she didn't hear it, or she didn't say she did."

Koda's eyebrows furrowed, "Did the car blow?"

Caitlyn quickly nodded, but that clearly wasn't it. "It doesn't make sense, she's like me but she won't heal."

"How come you brought her in? If a car blew, wouldn't someone else have noticed something? She should've come here in an ambulance."

"It disappeared," Caitlyn stressed, painfully aware of her surroundings. "The car went back to normal a minute later, like it never happened. Lain was just on the ground, not healing. She had glass through her stomach and it vanished, but she hasn't healed."

Koda's eyes were narrowed in thought, watching the blonde carefully. "That..." she placed a hand on her forehead, "okay, I'm going to try to figure out what happened. Stay here, I'll come get you later." She suddenly cut tail and ran, jogging after her first emergency patient of the day in a desperate attempt to save a girl's life.

If only she knew that the car explosion signified something much, much worse than a bloody cheerleader.

It was the beginning of the end.

\\

Derek and Brett stood in the living room with similar expressions, arms folded over their chests and eyes on the box they'd been struggling not to dig through all morning.

"We have to hide this from her."

Brett scoffed, glancing to Derek. "Are you kidding? We have to hide this from us."

"It helps that we can't read anything in here worth shit. Books in at least seven languages." Derek shook his head, "Who the hell know what's in there."