Chapter 21

~ Will ~

The moment he fell back asleep he was engulfed by dreams. He was kneeling before Artemis, she was in the form of a young girl. She smiled at him, "I has been a while."

Will sat up, "It has."

"I can't talk for long." She warned, "But... I think..." her voice trailed off as she stared into the fire. "I have not seen you father lately. I'm afraid that... he took the blame." She sighed, "I don't think anyone will hear from him soon."

Will wanted to ask what she meant but before he could a voice interrupted, "William Shakespeare." This voice was different, more annoying. Someone pinched him. Will woke up and blinked, swatting the hand away, "What?"

Charlie grinned, "Good your up, campfire is in half an hour and Chiron wants to see you. His office now."

* * *

Will opened the door to the centaur's office slowly and peeked inside, Chiron looked up and smiled, "I'm glad you got my message. If you would go to the back room, you have a call."

Will nodded and made his way to the back room, he stepped inside and grabbed the phone, "Hello?"

"Will!" He smiled, "Hey mom."

"You're coming home in two days."

"I am?"

"You'd better."

Will laughed, "Okay."

"Good. Lyra's doing to see you before she goes back to school."

"Sounds good. See you then."

He hung up the phone and sat down, that was the shortest conversation he had had with is mom, he felt so confused. Why did he feel like this. He didn't even know how he felt. But that didn't help. His dreams had made no sense. Except for one. The one about Nico di Angelo.

* * *

Will stared at Kayley in shock. There was no way. Absolutely no way that Kayley could be a child of Apollo. But she was. The clumsiest, most injury prone person was, of course, his half sister.

"You okay?" A voice said, Will looked up in surprise to see Nico standing in front of him, "Ya... ya... I'm fine it's just a bit of a shock." Why was Nico here? Had he done something wrong?

Nico smirked, "I know." Holy Hera that smirk was irresistible, Will managed a weak smile, "She's been singing that stupid song all week, honestly I think I'm going to go crazy. At least I won't have to deal with Charlie complaining about being with her friends anymore. But on the other hand I'm going to have to deal with the two of them together, I don't know which is worse..." Nico grabbed his arm and Will's voice trailed off. Nico di Angelo, the son of Hades, was holding his arm.

"You're rambling Solace."

"Sorry. It's just..."

Nico let go of his arm, "It's fine. At least you didn't pass out in front of everyone when she got claimed."

Will nodded slowly.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Nico asked.

Will looked at him, "Sorry. I'm having a strange day. A lot of stuff is going on." Stuff that includes you, he wanted to add, but he didn't.

Nico nodded, "I bet." He gave Will a tight smile and walked over to where Jason stood waiting.

Will sat down, he wanted to die right there. Why had he acted like that in front of Nico? Was it because of Kayley or because of... Nico? He was so confused.

* * *

Will sat on the side of his bed as his siblings prepared for bed, they rushed around talking and laughing, like normal children of Apollo, their smiles were bright. Emmy paused as she passed, "You okay?"

He nodded. Will wanted to be alone but if he had to talk, he would prefer to talk to Emmy.

She studied him more carefully, "No, you're not." She decided, she sat down with her legs crossed next to him, "What happened?"

"I'm not sure."

Emmy smiled, she smiled her smile that was warm and kind, the smile that reminded Will of home and happy memories, the same smile that always made him feel better. "Start from the beginning of the story." She suggested.

So he started with his day, he started with Nico accepting his friendship, then all of his camp activities, he recounted his dream, he conveniently forgot the ones about the son of Hades, so he talked about the one with Artemis. Emmy looked worried, "Jason said that Zeus was mad at him... so that might make sense... But why no contact?" Her voice trailed off and her gaze became unfocused, she muttered to herself under her breath. Suddenly Emmy shook her head, "Sorry, go on."

Will swallowed, he talked about his phone call with his mom, the campfire and his conversation with Nico. Then he faltered, he opened his mouth, but no words came out. Her smile grew gentler, "I know, I understand. It's Nico, isn't it?"

Will's throat felt dry, he couldn't admit it, he couldn't admit that he like the son of Hades. But that didn't matter, Emmy already knew, because somehow she always knew, how he felt. She put her hand over his, "Your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks for listening... Not everyone would do that." He muttered.

She leaned over and hugged him, "Any time." She stood up and scanned the room, "Where's Kayley?" Will looked around and realized Emmy was right, the newest member of cabin 7 was gone. Emmy turned to him, "Go find her." Will nodded, without asking questions he left.

He found Kayley outside cabin 1, she was lying on the ground. "Kayley." He called.

She looked up, "Hey lego man! Mind helping me get to the infirmary?"

He rolled his eyes, "Why bother going all that way if I can just fix it now?"

"Oh... I hadn't thought of that."

Will crouched beside her, "So what happened?"

"I was walking... and I fell... I tripped over my own feet... and know I can't get up." She said it simply, as if this was a regular occurrence.

Will sighed as he examined her ankle. He looked up, "How?"

Kayley grinned, "Talent. Pure skill. Luck."

Will rolled his eyes again, "Come on." he helped her to her feet, "I have some emergency supplies in the cabin."

Kayley nodded, "If you want my advice, you should stock up on supplies, seeing as I'm in your cabin. I tend to get injured quite a lot."

"I noticed." Will wasn't really helping Kayley anymore, she was limping along under her own power, occasionally grabbing his shoulder to keep from falling over.

At the door of their cabin she limped over to her bed, she had of course chosen the one under Charlie's. Kayley grabbed the bedpost and promptly fell over.