Chapter 11

*Claire's POV*

I left the interrogation room as soon as possible. I was suffocated. Trying to be strong is the fucking hardest thing in the damn world.

Tears streamed down my face as I ran downstairs and out in the open field. It was raining, but I couldn't care more.

"Claire!" A voice called me. I knew damn well who it was yet I chose to keep walking.

"Claire baby!"
"Lil!" I stopped in my tracks but started walking again.

"Claire." Zayn's hands held my wrist, I turned around to face him.

"Claire I-"
"DON'T!" I yelled and I gave away all the strength in me. Tears ran down my cheeks and I couldn't stop.

"Just stop it Zayn. Just-just don't. I don't want you talking, I don't want you speaking, I don't want you making any sound! Just shut up, okay? JUST SHUT THE FUCKING HELL UP!" I yelled in between my tears.

"Baby let-"
"I hate you Zayn." His face gave away all the light within.

"You killed Evan. I saw him die helplessly, right in front of my eyes." I could feel my body shivering as tears were flowing down my cheeks, mixing with the rain.

"You fucking lied! I was blamed for killing the person I loved, I was disowned and abandoned by my parents and my friends." I yelled, letting all my anger out.

"My mum died wanting her daughter away from her, my dad doesn't want to talk to me. I was called a FUCKING MURDERER! All because you were scared your dad would punish you! You're an asshole!" I vented out, yelling in his face.

"I don't know you." I shook my head. "You know me Claire. It's only you who knows me." He looked down.

"No. I know the Zayn I love. You are the Zayn who has a stone in place of a heart." I jerked my wrist away from him.

"He was dying Zayn, it was raining, in no way would I had been able to save him. I knew it. But you didn't even give me a chance to convince myself that I tried. You left a girl, all alone, with her dying boyfriend in the middle of nowhere." My heart broke as Evan's images flashed in my head.

"You're not my Zayn." I covered my face and cried in my hands.

"I've given you my love, Claire." He said in disbelief.

A small laugh escaped my mouth, "Love? No Zayn. You've given me hatred, from everyone, you gave me Glasglow when I loved Dubai, you gave me humiliation, lonliness, depression. You have given me this." I pointed at the self harm scars on my hand.

You don't know heartbreak until you're standing in front of the person you love, knowing it's time to say goodbye.

I am saying it because I can feel, this is it.

"I was never happy. I made you my happiness," I pointed at him, "And that's where I went wrong. Again. Like every single time." I pushed him with my small hands on his strong chest.

"I've gone through things too Claire." He replied and I gasped at his confidence.

"Look at you!" I yelled, "You have the decency! The fucking decency, to tell me you've gone through shit too? You have your family, your friends, your career at the right age and you didn't live under the tag of a murderer." I held his collar.

"It was me. It was me who faced all of that Zayn. It was me who lost her family, her friends, her teenage years, it was me who lost her boyfriend on her birthday, it was me who had to work my ass off 11 hours a day since the age of 15, to support my education and food, it was me who had to starve for days because of having no money. It was me, not you Zayn." I left his collar with a jerk.