Chapter 7

"Nagisa" called Kayano before Nagisa walk out of the shop.

Nagisa turned to her," please be careful. Don't forget why you come here" she said with worried look.

"I know, I will" smile Nagisa.

Nagisa run after Karma who already far ahead. She watch the back of her friend silently.

"Do you really understand,Nagisa?" Whisper Kayano to herself,one hand clenching her chest.

☆☆☆

"I can't accept it!" Shout Natsuhiko.

"Its the elders decision" said Ren calmly.

"How come you stay calm like that?! That cursed demon is the next head! NEXT HEAD!!" He screamed hysterically, make his already ugly face become worse.

"I don't care who become the next head of the clan as long as I can have all the ladies" said Ren throwing his charming smile to nowhere.

"You may not care! But I am!!" Natsuhiko shout again.

"Then what will you do? Kill him?" Ask Ren to his distant cousins antics.

"I already sent a bunch of assassins to kill him. He will die any moments now" said Natsuhiko grinning creepily.

Ren watch him and sigh," how come I am related to this person" he thought.

☆☆☆

"Its seems you have been going out a lot lately" a familiar voice stopped a certain red head on his way back to his room.

"So what? Its none of your business. Its not like anyone care what I do" said Karma sarcastically.

"They maybe not but from now on you should refrain going outside too long and get close to anyone" warn the old man.

"Why should I?" Ask Karma not liking his movements being restrained.

"You are already appointed as the next head of the clan" inform Ichirou.

"Huh? Are you kidding me?" Ask Karma didn't believe what he just heard.

"Do I look like joking right now?" Ask the elder man with serious tone.

"They won't let me become the next head" said Karma calmly.

"Of course they won't. Those who don't want you become the next head may already planned to kill you. Its not exaggerating to say they already sent assassins to kill you. That's why you have to be careful" said Ichirou.

"Hee~ assassins huh? Seems fun, but let me remind you old man. I have no intention to become the next head of this clan. Don't think I want to lead a clan who threw me like a pest!" Said Karma spitefully.

"Karma, if you want them to acknowledge you, you must proof it by become the next head. Show them you are suits to be their leader" said Ichirou.

"In your dreams, gramps" said Karma walk away,waving his hand.

☆☆☆

"Assassins,huh. No wonder I am being attacked a lot lately" thought Karma as he cleaned his blood stained sword in his room.

"I guess it will get more interesting from now on" said Karma to himself, raising his sword above his head as his eyes reflected on it.

☆☆☆

Its a nice morning as usual and Karma got up early so he decide to walk around the town. Then he spotted Nagisa but when he about to call him, he didn't expect to see him hugged by Kayano. He saw them laugh and talk. Occasionally Kayano whispering something on his ears and make the boy smile at her. As he watch them, he felt rage thundering inside his chest.

"Ah! Karma!" Called Nagisa waving his hand at the sight of the red head.

Karma walked to them. He didn't greet them at all. Instead he just take Nagisa's hand and pulled him away.

"Huh? Kar...wait...Karma!" Nagisa confused as Karma drag him.

Karma dragged Nagisa to the old house where he showed him before. They went into the house from the broken door. Then Karma threw Nagisa on the wooden floor.

"!!" Nagisa hold a groan as he hit the floor.

Before he can stand up, Karma already hovering on top,pinning both his hands on the side.

"What am I to you?" Ask Karma as he try to control his emotion.

"You are my friend" answer Nagisa, confused with Karma's action.

"...friend?" Karma somehow doesn't like it.

"Yes,friend" said Nagisa as he try to look at Karma's face.

"Then what about that girl?"

"She is my friend"

"Friend? If you are then do you need to be that close?" Ask Karma as anger start to take over.

"She is my childhood friend so maybe we looks that close" explain Nagisa.

"Is it closer than a friend?" Ask Karma,gripped Nagisa's wrist tighter.

"!! Karma, release my hand. Its hurt" plea Nagisa.

"...I..." Karma couldn't continue. He doesn't understand himself. He angry at himself.

"Karma?" Called Nagisa as he felt the grip loosened.

As the amber eyes gaze at those innocent azure eyes. Karma let himself leaned closer to the owner of those eyes. He closed his eyes as his lips graze at the smaller boy's. Nagisa stay froze. His brain have a hard time to comprehend what was happened.

"...Karma, both of us are male" said Nagisa as Karma pulled away.

"I know"

"Then why..."

"I don't know..."

"Isn't this wrong?"

"Does common sense applied for us too?"

Nagisa open his mouth as if to say something but no words come out. They are different from others. Being born with hair colour that different from anyone else, being look down, isolated, abused. He wonder if they really are demon, that's why how they felt to each other also different from other people.