one

-chapter 1:

Elena Gilbert walked up to the pristine mahogany doors of her new school, St John's Grammar.

She had just transferred to the exclusive school through a prestigious scholarship.

Elena pushed through the doors to the modern building with the word 'office' printed across on a glass door. Looking down at a computer was a old looking office lady.
She walked over to the desk, through the almost silent room except for a women in the back talking on a phone.

"Excuse me," Elena said, trying to get the lady's attention. "I'm Elena. Elena Gilbert."

"Oh, Elena Gilbert? Hello, you must be the new student coming here today." The lady grinned. "I'm Susan."

The bell rang as the clock reached 8:30 am and a teacher walked into the office to greet her.

Mr. Brady, the teacher's name is, tells Elena about the school and what they will do today.

"You'll be getting a tour by one of our students." Mr. Brady smiled as he entered a classroom.

"Students, today we have a new student. Would you like to introduce yourself Miss. Gilbert."

Elena looked around the class. No one looked particularly amused but some people did pay attention at least.

"My name is Elena." A few more students began to look up.

"I moved here from Nissen High School, and that's mainly it." She finished it off with a smile.

"Good job, Elena. Now would anyone like to give Elena a tour of the school?"

Not many hands went up but there were some, along with laughter and snickering from the back of the class.

"Hm, who shall I choose?" Mr. Brady said. "Stefan! You can give Elena a tour of the school."

Elena scanned the class wondering who Stefan is until a head shot up in confusion.

"I didn't volunteer." Stefan said.

"I'm the teacher, Mr. Salvatore."

Stefan Salvatore groaned and pushed himself up from his desk.

He looked like a typical jock. He wore a bomber jacket with dark blue jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

As Elena exited the door, she realised this was not going to be fun.