Chapter 21 - The Bad Boy's Story

While most of the students in his year (nobody from Slytherin) was invited to the slug club dinner party, Malfoy and the rest of the Slytherins could walk about the school in some peace.

Fewer students would snare at them and insult them or spit out angry remarks about their history with the dark side.

Malfoy took this opportunity to walk about. He needed some space from even the Slytherins because some of them were still on the dark side and would try to test him and see who he still supported.

He decided to go to the seventh floor and see if he could open the room of requirement. It was a place of solace for him for the last two years. Not many students go there anymore so he would be alone.

He was wrong. As though expecting him, there was a group of Slytherins waiting in front of the place where the room of requirement used to be.

"I told you he would be here." Pansy told the others.

"What's going on?" Malfoy said, his hands casually placed near his wand in case he needed to draw it out.

"You have been avoiding me, Draco." Pansy said as she came forward and put a hand on the side of his face. "What's wrong?"

"Are you all waiting for me?" Malfoy asked, avoiding her question and moving her hand off his face.

"Yes, we are considered about you, Draco." Pansy said stepping back to bring the other into the conversation.

"You see, none of us have seen much of you since that day at Hogwarts. There have been stories." said Nox, one of the Slytherins with big teeth and a permanent frown on his face.

"Stories?" Malfoy asked. "What stories?"

"Yes, stories about your whereabouts when the dark lord fell." said the tall and skinny boy next to Nox.

Malfoy shifted uncomfortably. Thanks to Pansy's presence there one thing was clear, this group of Slytherins definitely still supported the dark side.

The only problem was that they could try to take revenge for abandoning Voldemort during the battle.

"I haven't heard any stories." Malfoy said taking a step back, preparing to walk away.

"Don't play coy with us, Draco." Nox said coming forward and caught Malfoy's shoulder. "You were working for Dumbledore, that's why you changed sides in the end. You helped Harry Potter escape."

Nox said the last line accusingly causing Malfoy to ball his fists.

"I remained a faithful servant till the end." Malfoy said through gritted teeth.

"Faithful?" Pansy laughed. "I heard what happened when Harry Potter was brought to the Malfoy Manor."

"Don't forget the part where he ended up with the wounded after the war, pretending to be on their side." Nox said.

"You hypocrite!" Malfoy spat at Nox, pulling away from his grip. "You all did the same thing once the war ended. We have no master anymore."

Nox did not reply but immediately glanced at Pansy.
"Draco, whose side are you on?" She asked.

"There is no side." Malfoy said flatly.

"What if there was?" Nox said.

"What do you mean?" Malfoy asked, narrowing his eyes. The look on Nox's face made him worry.

"They took my parents, they took Pansy's too!" Nox said angrily. "Just because your family got away does not mean others didn't either."

"I still don't understand what you mean." Malfoy said.