Chapter 18

Alec's POV:

What was going on? I was in this strangers house, he was telling me we were engaged. Suddenly, I had the urge to leave.
"I'm sorry, Magnus, is it?" He nods. "I- I need to go."
"No Alexander, please just stay, we can figure this out." The stranger said as he got up off of the floor. I looked around at this unforgettable place that I had apparently forgotten. I noticed my clothes on the floor and picked them up. I put my black jeans and my shoes on while Magnus tried to make me stay. I grabbed my shirt in my hands and made for the door.
"I'm really sorry, bye." As I ran out the door I could hear Magnus fall to the ground and start to sob. I felt terrible, I wanted to go back in and comfort him. But I needed to be somewhere familiar right now.

Magnus's POV:

How could this happen? Again? He's left me...again. Twice in one year, that has to be some sort of record. The pain was back, but this time it hurt even more. The pain was so unreal. It felt like I had just been stabbed a hundred times and been left to bleed out. The pain was so familiar, and so it hurt even more. I thought about the shit I had already gone through, and how I was going to have to go through it again. But this time, this time it'd be worse. This time he would be alive, I would have the chance to be with him but he wouldn't know who I was. Even the thought of it made me cry even more. A small puddle started to form at my knees as I was resting on them. I let out a cry of pain.
Why?

Alec's POV:

I got to my house and looked through my pockets but couldn't find my keys. I knocked on the door and was greeted by my mum.
"Alec! What a wonderful surprise." She exclaimed.
"Surprise? I live here." She gave me a confused look.
"Alec, what do you mean? You don't live here. Stop joking around."
"Why does everyone think I'm joking?" I said, annoyance clear in my voice.
"Wait, you're not joking? Alec, you moved out ages ago. You live with Magnus." She looked at me concerned.
"I live with that guy." I'm not complaining I thought to myself as I remembered what he looked like.
"Are you okay? Did something happen between you two? You know you can tell me anything." She gestured for me to come inside and so I did. I sat down at the sofa in the living room, my mum sat next to me, her body angled to face me.
"Alec, what wrong honey?"
"Is he really my fiancé?" I asked slightly rushing.
"Y- yes h- he is." She grew more and more concerned by the minute.
"Why don't I remember him?"
"You don't remember him?" I shook my head. "Oh God..."
"I remember you guys, but I can't remember him. Why is that?" She didn't answer. "Mum? Why is that?"
"I don't know." She said staring out with a blank face. "We need to get you to a doctor."

She took her phone out of her pocket and made a doctors appointment. I remember when I was little and being in awe as I observed her. She always got everything done.
"I told them it was an emergency," She said as she put the phone back in her pocket. "Your appointment is in a couple hours."

Mum made me food and after a while there was a knock at the door. She ran for the door.
"Magnus!" I quickly jumped up and out of my seat. Even though this man had apparently loved me for years and even proposed to me, I got nervous. I checked my hair in the glass of the window in the kitchen. I even checked my breath.

He walked through the door and stared at me.
"Alec." He said smiling, but the pain was clear in his voice. His eyes were red and his top was wet. His hair fell on his face and you could tell that he had ran here and had barely any time to get ready. He was panting, out of breath. He was beautiful.
"How are you?" He asked after a moment of catching his breath.
"I- I'm good." I said in a very light voice and mentally face palmed myself from how awkward I was acting.
"That's good."

We sat down and ate some food in awkwardness, waiting for the time of the appointment to come.
"So," Magnus broke the silence. "What can you remember?"
"Everything." I said looking down at my plate.
"Everything but me?" I looked up and nodded.

"Everything but you."