Chapter Three: Coming Home

Spencer's POV:

Beep! Beep! Beep! Spencer's incessant alarm clock went off. She hit the snooze button and closed her eyes again for a minute. Knowing she had to get up if she didn't want to be late for her flight, she reluctantly got out of bed.

Jack was already out the door to work. She vaguely remembered him giving her a kiss on the forehead goodbye earlier that morning.

She got washed up in the bathroom, then got dressed. She hardly wore dresses, so it took her a while to get together all of the accessories. Earrings, necklace, bracelet, shoes, and makeup.

She took her suitcase, wheeled it out to the waiting taxi, and loaded it into the trunk.

She got a window seat on the airplane after going through security, and was relieved to find that no one took the seat next to her or in the same row.

She cozied up the best she could on the chair, and after slightly reclining it, fell asleep.

When she awoke, they were preparing to land. She was a light sleeper, so she knew the plane would be landing soon without the announcement.

After the plane made a smooth landing, she grabbed her suitcase, and wheeled out to the entrance of the airport. She scanned the crowd, and almost immediately picked out Cody. Oh boy, was she in for a ride.

Since high school, almost everything about him had changed. He was taller and more muscular than before, and if it was possible, he was even looser than he was in high school.

Two things about him didn't change. His eyes, which were still the bright blue they had always been, which she loved compared to his dark hair, and his smile, whether it be in the rain and mud when they had played soccer together, or now when one was plastered on his face. Complete with dimples that made her stomach do backflips, she felt elated to finally see it again.

Unable to contain her excitement, she let go of her bag and flung herself straight into his open arms. She was so happy to see him, she didn't care what others thought about her. He picked her up and spun her around, both of them laughing their heads off.

"Welcome home, kitten," he said, calling her the pet name he used to in high school when he put her down.

"It's good to be home," she replied, pulling her head back.

She was staring into his blue eyes that had the tiniest hint of gold in them. All of a sudden, she had an urge to kiss him because of all the feelings she used to have for him in high school.

"You have a boyfriend," she silently reminded herself, extracting herself from the embrace.

She picked up her suitcase, and Cody wheeled it to the taxi for her.

"When did you start wearing dresses?" he asked, motioning to her choice of outfit.

"Just on special occasions. Like today," she replied climbing into the taxi with him.

"We have a lot of catching up to do," he reminded her with a small smile that made her heart want to explode. "I can't even remember if you ever wore a dress before."

"Yes we do," she answered calmer than she felt. "And neither can I."