Burn

I just felt like writing this

||Jealous Reaper x Pyromanic Fem Reader||

|First Person POV|

"Wanna give my peacekeeper a try?" I hear the cowboy Mccree ask from behind me. I turn around with a smirk.

"Of course!" I chirp, putting my lighter away in my pocket. Mccree hands me his gun, and I take it gratefully. I'm still smiling, excited. I've never shot a gun before, I've only been shooting flames.

I turn to the target, aiming for its head.

"Hold on, darlin'," Mccree stops me. He wraps his arms around me, his hands on top of mine, he moves my hands a smudge to the left.

"Go ahead, now. Pull the trigger," Jesse instructs me. I nod my head and pull the trigger. The bullet goes straight through the target's head. I squeal, content about the shot.

Mccree laughs, and I hand his gun over to him.

"You're pretty good, Phoenix," he calls me by my nickname. I notice Reaper in the doorway.

"Did you see that!?" I giggle, calling to him. He doesn't say anything, but walks away. I pout and look at Jesse.

"What's his problem?" I ask him.

He shrugs, "Better go find out."

I abandon Mccree to go find Reaper. I feel McCree smiling at me as I walk away. He knows Reaper and I have a thing, and he's hardcore shipping us right now.

I look everywhere. From the mess hall to the dorms to the bathrooms. He's nowhere to be found.

I go outside, hoping to find him. It's nighttime, and there's no clouds in the sky. It's really beautiful out here. I feel something wrap around me. I gasp, and turn around.

"Hey beautiful..." I am met with Reaper, mask off. He holds me in his arms, so I rest my arms on his shoulders.

"Why didn't you bother to say hi in the training room?" I raise an eyebrow.

He sighs and pulls away, "It's nothing..."

"Tell me, Gabriel. Did I do something?" I step towards him. He turns away from me. It hurts a little, but I know something is wrong.

"It wasn't you-"

"Then who was it?" I cut him off. I need to know what's wrong.

"...the Cowboy," he grumbles and starts walking away. I leap forward and grab his hand, not letting him slip away.

Then it clicks, "Are you jealous? Of McCree?"

He rolls his eyes, "Not at all-"

"You so are." I pull him closer to me, "Look, Gabriel. McCree and I are like brother and sister. I would never leave you for him. You love me like the fire I've studied all my life. Wild, heated, deep, unpredictable. And most of all, I'm obsessed with you."

Then I say the three words I've been meaning to tell him this whole time, "I love you so much, Gabriel."

He looks ink my eyes, staring into my soul. And, in that moment, I could swear I heard him whisper, "I love you, too, Y/N"

Without another word, he kisses me. This kiss feels like the first kiss I had in high school; soft, yet passionate. I never want him to pull away. His lips softly pull away from mine as he presses me against him. We wrap each other in our arms and look up to the stars.

This is what I've always wanted from him. A love like fire.