Innocent (3/3)(Wish)

"Gabriel?"
"Sí, amor?"
"Te amo"
"Te amo tambien"

Gabriel gives you a small smile before pulling his mask back on. You sigh, not wanting him to hide his face. He turns and leaves, locking the door behind him.

"So, you're definitely going to Overwatch?" You raise an eyebrow at Gabriel. The two of you rest in his house, holding each other close. You wish you stayed in his arms forever. You gaze into his chocolate eyes. You try to mask your emotions, but you know he knows how you feel about Overwatch.

"Mi amor, sí. But I'll be staying at the nearest base." He kisses your forehead tenderly. You close your eyes and a tear rolls down your cheek.

"I can't bear the pain of seeing you go into battle-"

"No battles, y/n. Just missions." He corrects you and runs his fingers through your hair.

"I can't bear the thought of seeing you with a gun, Gabriel," You clarify and wipe the tear away.

"Nothing bad could happen, I've got too much luck," He chuckles. He takes a deep breath, your head rising with his chest.

"Not enough luck for me to not dump you." You grip onto his side, the taste of those words sit bitter on your tongue. You don't want to leave him, but you need to protect yourself.

He sighs and whispers, "You don't have to go, amor..."

"Yes, I do. I need to protect myself. War isn't promising..." You pick your head up, your eyes meeting his again. You can see the tears sitting in his eyes, threatening to fall.

"I don't want you to go, Gabe... We could go to college together, marry, have kids! Don't you want that?"

"Oh, of course I do. Overwatch is my true calling, though. It's what I need. I'll study there, we could still marry and have kids. I'll give you whatever you want, whatever you need." He kisses your forehead again, a tear falling to the couch.

You wish you stayed with him. You wish you hadn't pushed him away. You wish you could've spent your whole life with your true amor. You wanted to say, "Ok, Gabriel. I'll stay. I'll choose you. And I'll keep choosing you over and over, in a heartbeat. You are my love and I will stay true to you my entire life. I love you"

But instead, you got up and wiped your tears away. You said the few words you wish you could take back, "I love you, Gabriel. I always will. Maybe when things settle down, we could meet again-"

"Y/N, mi amor, please don't do this..."

"No, Gabriel. I have to. I'm sorry it has to end like this, but that was your decision, not mine. I love you so much," you pause and give him your last kiss. It's sour, filled with pain and longing.

He lost his heart that day, leaving it with the memories. Maybe that's when he lost his sanity, too.

The opening of the door startles you from your daydream. You stand from your curled position on the floor. Two men enter. You recognize the men as Jack Morrison, the third wheel, and Gabriel. The look on either of their faces tell you they've been fighting.

"Give me one good reason why I should let you go." Jack steps towards you. Usually, you would joke around with him, but you can see the seriousness and anger in his eyes. You can't screw this up.

"First Grade, Miss Violet's class. Our first conversation-"

"Meaning of life- what about it," Jack interrupts.

"I thought, at the time, we were alive to fulfill something, to complete a journey. You thought it was just to die. Gabriel said he doesn't care, let him get back to playing shooting games." You laugh, remembering the good times. But, growing up had made you all numb to that kind of things. Jack doesn't laugh.

"Now, I used to say 'The real reason we're alive...is to complete yourself.' I realize, in this situation, you may need someone to complete you. In a lifetime, you make so many decisions-good and bad. I just happened to make two really big mistakes. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe. But, if you keep me locked up, Gabriel won't be complete without me. Think about the pain he was going through during Boot Camp. Every mission, his shoulders were slumped, he couldn't joke around like he used to. He might have seemed happy at times, but you knew better. You don't wanna see him like that again, right?"

Jack sighs, "If I let you go, what will you do?"

"Pretend like this never happened, and not just this. I'll go back to the way it was, before I broke up with Gabe. I'll pick up the pieces of the heart I broke and put it together with my own. Our lives will continue as if I never left him." You look up at Gabriel. Tears sting his eyes, and he avoids your gaze. You walk up to him and hug him tightly. He cries lightly into your shoulder, squeezing you with all he has. This time, you're unsure if he'll let go. A tear rolls down your cheek as you mutter, "After all, I never stopped loving him." Gabriel grips your waist, you pull away from him to look him in his noir eyes. You smile and wipe away his tears, the way you used to. You see a smile in his eyes, a glint of a star. He used to hold galaxies in his eyes, now just a single star. That star is you. He only has love left for you. It's you. There's always a place for you in his heart.

"You're free..." Jack mutters and swiftly leaves. You gleam with joy and make the best move you have made for a while.

His lips feel different, rougher. He's been through more in the past few years than he's been through with you. The kiss is still sweet, his life mixing with yours. You smile into the kiss. Pure bliss overwhelms you, pulling you head over heels in love once again. This is how it was meant to be, and you hope it'll stay like this forever.

You wished you never left him in the first place.

Now, you wish of "Until death do us part's" Of children, and of spending the rest of your life with the man you've always loved.

After all, your wishes do come true.