Chapter 1

“The bottom line is that we never fall for the person we're supposed to.” 
― Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

“What? Me and Justin and fine mom!”

“But People magazine said you guys have broken up!” my mother said over the phone.

“Mom, I told you to stop reading those stupid tabloids. If you don’t hear it from me it’s probably not true!”

“Okay baby, I’m sorry. I was just worried that you and Justin were really over. I know that you’d be crushed. You really like that guy don’t you?”

“Mooooom!” I whined, slightly embarassed. 

“Okay okay, we’ll talk later. Stop by the house soon, we miss you Cam.”

“I will mother, pretty soon. Love you.”

“Love you too sweetheart. Take Care.”

I hung up and continued dusting the living room when Zoey came in with her hair tired up in a bun. Breathless and sweaty, I could tell she was from the gym.

“Can you believe that Marco didn’t come in today!” she exclaimed dramatically.

“Maybe he found out that your stalking him already!” I teased.

“Psshh! So what’s bothering you?”

“What do you mean what’s bothering me? I’m fine. Just cleaning up!”

“Yeah cause we both know that cleaning up is your new hobby!” she remarked sarcastically.

“Zoey....” I started.

“Spit it out, I know you only clean to clear your head so what's the problem? Is it Justin?”

“No, it’s not. Well, not entirely..... actually it is,” I dragged.

“What’s going on? What did he do?”

“Nothing. It’s just. He wants me to go on tour with him and –“

“Aaand?... Just say yes and go with your man all around the world!”

“It’s not that simple Zoey! I’m not sure I wanna miss my classes, I still want to be a lawyer remember?”

“Yeah but you also want to keep this relationship right? This is the guy whose poster was on your wall Cami, you used to fan girl about him on twitter all the time and you defended him against any hater who ever said anything mean about him. You are living the dream right now.”

“So what are you suggesting? I put my life on hold for him?”

“No I’m just saying that you should consider your options! Isn’t there that E-learning thing? You could sign up for that and still go on tour with Justin!”

“That’s it! You’re a genius Zoey!”

“Well yeah-” she started.

“I’ll tell him my decision at dinner tonight!”

“Cool. Where something tight!” she mused and I just nudged her giggling away.

***

“You look beautiful!” Justin emphasized as we sat at our table at the French restaurant that he had taken me to for dinner.

“Thanks, you don’t look too shabby yourself,” I teased.

“Well, you know. I try.”

“So what’s up? How was your day at the studio?”

“Pretty cool. Really excited to be making some new music.”