21. Resonance

"Thanks for your hardwork!" Hibari smiled at the four-man unit, as Lenka handed in the report for the Rusted Edge assignment. Sakuya smiled back at the operator, before saying that she will return to her quarters and went off. Kota waved them goodbye, off to visit his family in the Outer Ghetto. Soma, on the other hand, left without a single word. "By the way," the female operator said. "Alisa can now have supervised visitors, though she still shows no signs of recovery."

That should be enough good news. Although his relationship with said Russian God Eater started out as rocky, Lenka could never deny the fact that they are still members of the same team that should look after each other. However, he came to realize that the only thing that was probably keeping their unit together was Lindow. And with his disappearance, he couldn't help but feel that they somehow lost some kind of connection. He sighed.

He was on his way to the section elevator when a voice called out to him. "Lenka-san!" It was Kanon from the Defense Unit. "Are you going to see Alisa now?" She asked, which he answered with a nod. "Would you mind taking these to her for me?" Green eyes looked down at the bunch of fresh flowers in her arms. "I'd like to visit her too but we have been bombarded with our owm assignments lately..."

Not like he had a choice, and it wasn't in his nature to decline something so simple. Lenka pushed open the door of the Sick Bay with one hand, the other gently carrying the flowers from Kanon. Alisa laid unconscious on her bed, not a single muscle moving. Standing at the foot of the furniture was Dr. Oguruma. He recognized him from way back, when they had to escort Alisa to the Far East Branch. "Oh, it's you," the man said.

"Will she be alright?" He asked, proceeding to place the flowers on the vase atop the bedside table. Everyone was extremely worried, not just for Lindow, but for Alisa as well. She has been down in the sick bay since the Moon in the Welkin, with no signs of positive results. With a sigh, Lenka sat down on the stool by the bed.

Dr. Oguruma was silently watching the male New-Type, before he answered the question. "Well, as you see, her condition has yet to improve. It's no use trying to talk." A small sigh slipped past his lips, as he continued, "I've received some very effective tranquilizers. She won't regain consciousness any time soon."

The younger's initial reaction was to knit his eyebrows in concern, as he turned to gaze back at the motionless body of his comrade. Unlike her usual appearance of the proud Russian, Alisa was silent and serene. "Alisa..." Without any other thought running in his head, he instinctively reached for the female's hand.

That was when the odd thing happened.

As soon as his skin brushed against Alisa's, he felt like something came surging in to his head. It caught him by such surprise that he immediately pulled his hand back out of reflex. It felt like he was grounded, except that it wasn't electricity. As he stared blankly at his hand, wondering what had happened, Dr. Oguruma asked what was wrong.

Lenka was too absorbed in his own thoughts that he didn't answer, only bringing his hand back to firmly grasp the female's. The flashes of images came rushing in as soon as he did -- the face of an unknown Aragami, a monitor showcasing blurred images -- what were those?!

"What? Where am I? Why am I...?" A weakened feminine voice rose. It broke the entirety of Lenka's focus from the flashes of images as he turned, surprised, to a confused Alisa Amiella staring back at him, and then at their hands linked together. He was pretty sure the doctor mumbled a word or two under his breath, but to be true, he was too immersed at the fact that Alisa was awake that the only thing he heard was an "Excuse me!" as the man left.

Not wanting anybody else to find them like that, they both pulled their hands back. "Just now... you..."

He didn't know how to explain it either. It just happened. What could that be...? "At least you're awake now," he then said.