The Abyss

In an alternate universe, where two worlds are together and divided at the same time, lived two "young men". One of them could be described as a Shadow being.

Im Jaebum, son of the God of The Abyss. Born and raised in an environment who provided no love or comfort. Part of a family who lacked communication or warmth, he felt everyday like his destiny resided somewhere else.

Jaebum, or JB as everyone called him, roamed the vastly territories of The Abyss world. The place was humongous, dark and cold, with shadows and perturbed spirits floating everywhere. It was pretty easy to confuse yourself around it and get lost for eternity. JB though, had no problem with it. He was used to everything.

His appearance was to be described as fairly normal. He was tall and had broad shoulders, fair and clear skin, high cheekbones and dark hair. Nonetheless, he usually seemed angry when you first laid eyes upon him. Due to his straight posture and cold looking cat like eyes, the young man could be confused as a wrathful demon. Anyway, JB was far from it.

His father was the great God of The Abyss. His duty was to keep everything that entered The Abyss, inside it. For eternity. That meant that sometimes, he didn't even allow his own sons to go out. Nevertheless, the young lads had already found ways to scurry out unnoticed, with the help of their lovely mother, who kept their father busy.

JB, Jinyoung and Yugyeom shared little to no similarities. Especially the two younger ones. They were always messing with each other. Bets and fights were a common occurrence. It always ended bad and JB usually had to intervene before their father found out. If he did, they would have to run around the realm for their lives because his father's pet guardians were not gentle.

JB could be described as a somewhat,  placid individual. Nothing shocked him. He was used to solitude and the "deathly" peace around him. However, he was in no way a heartless person. He longed for change. He wanted something more. Something to make him feel alive, wanted and needed.

JB was a demi-god. His mother was a mere but beautiful mortal and that made him half-mortal. His weakness on the other hand, was far to be determined. He liked to think he had none but other demi-gods around him had them, so he pushed the thought that "he was special" away.

He liked escaping. Whenever he exited the realm and visited the upper world, he felt fascinated. The earthlings, as he called them, were such interesting creatures to him. Such simple and yet complicated ones. He always went around gazing their daily lives, admiring their way of handling situations. Their creativity was immense and what they could do with their intelligence and power, was beyond JB's understanding.

Music was one of those earthling's activities he enjoyed the most. He would sneak inside music shops and look through the records with vast interest. He enjoyed so much his time there, that he was not aware of the eyes he attracted. One of them was a young man, called Jackson Wang. He approached him once and started a conversation, to which JB was unfamiliar with.

Like: "what university do you attend" or "are you from Hong-Kong too?" For the university matter, he was at a total loss. "What is a university and how does one attend such a thing?"
As for the place that he came from, he didn't know how to explain exactly where The Abyss was. Not that he was allowed to do so nonetheless.

JB started going to Jackson's shop as much as he could. The other guy, which had blonde hair, loved to have him around and teach him about music. He kinda liked the guy also, even when he laughed way out loud and hit him while doing so. Maybe it was because JB had not so much of the "human manners" if one could say so and, from time to time, asked obvious questions. He tried as much as he could and Jackson seemed not to give him a hard time or ask him excessively about whatever went through his head.

He started feeling happy. He enjoyed himself every time he visited and everytime he listened to a new song or album. He even tried learning the pentagram once and mastered it quite easily for a beginner. Jackson was amazed and introduced him to different instruments and elements of music. JB was becoming more and more invigorated with it.

Maybe it was his destiny after all. His talent. He was about to find out very soon.