Part 2

Death takes on many forms. I hear screams, then feel piercing wind. I fall, down, down, down, until I'm not even aware I'm falling. The icy mist around me hugs my rigid body close. I hit water. My body feels like it has been flattened through a timewarp, and I feel no pain. Only numbness. This is what Lydia must have felt. My thoughts creep back to the events that I have tried so hard to forget. My mind takes me back two years. A foggy recollection clouds my head, and I find myself on the edge of a cliff watching two thirteen year old girls.
I hear my own voice.
"Lydia! Jump forward as far as you can, and keep your arms in!"
"Hahaha! Okie dokie then Coco!" is the reply.
As Lydia jumps forward, I notice that the enclosed trampoline I had hung directly from the cliff below her as a fun surprise, was now dangling awkwardly after becoming detached by the violent wind. I screamed a warning as I realised what was happening.
"Lydia! Freeze! Stop!" I hear myself shrieking. But it is useless. I rush to the edge of the cliff and watch in horror as Lydia falls, screaming, to the rocky shore kilometres below. I go numb as I realise what I have done. As I begin to weep uncontrollably the memory starts to fade away, and then I notice Lydia next to me. She stands with her arms outstretched, beckoning me towards her.
"I forgive you Coco" she whispers, and I gladly walk into her embrace. She leads me through a bright door, and we travel into the everlasting abyss of my easy mind.