Creatures

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be there soon." I said to my mother through the phone as I stood up from my place on my friends couch.

I quickly hung up and groaned.

"I gotta leave guys," I sighed as I pulled on my hoodie. My best friend Austin groaned. "Why do you have to be such a goodie goodie?!" I punched his arm. "Whatever, bitch. I'll see y'all tomorrow." I gave my other best friend Alan a hug and made my way to the door.

"Don't die on your way back!" Alan laughed before I opened the door. "Well don't jinx me." I laughed back before walking outside and shutting the door behind me.

The cold night air hit me like a truck, making me pull the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands and crossing my arms over my stomach.

I started walking down the sidewalk, the streets lighting up my path as the wind blew through my long black hair, making it whip in all directions. I fixed the black beanie on my head in hopes it would tame my hair a little.

Seconds later, I heard something move in a bush next to me and I stopped. I looked over slowly and felt around in my pocket for my phone.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" I called out as I turned on the flashlight on my phone and pointed it at the bush next to me. I didn't see anything, so I turned off my phone and put it back in my pocket as I started walking again.

After walking for a few more seconds, I heard something behind me, but before I could turn around to look, a hand clasped around my mouth and an arm wrapped around me to keep me from moving. I gasped out of complete shock and in fear, I started flailing in attempts to get out of this person's grip. But the person was too strong for me.

Too strong in general. This person had a death grip on me. It was almost inhumane.

The person pulled me behind a bunch of bushes, but I continued to flail as much as I could. I screamed as loud as I could into the persons hand, in hopes that someone would hear me. I had to get loose, god only knows what's on this maniacs mind.

I couldn't get a good look at the person, but one thing stuck out that I knew I would never forget; The piercing blue eyes. But they weren't like normal blue eyes... They were like a light grey color. And they were glowing. Not reflecting light, because there was none, but actually glowing.

What the hell? I thought in my head.

I felt hot tears run down my face as I felt something sharp pinch my neck.

Did this motherfucker just bite me?

I continued to flail, but it was no use. The person- scratch that, "person"- is obviously stronger than me. There's no way I'm getting out of this.

This is it, I thought. This is how I die.

I felt a cold liquid shoot through my veins, giving me a cold chill. My body immediately relaxed and I felt really tired.

My body went numb, but I fought as much as I could to stay awake.

The person loosened their grip on me and dropped me to the ground.

I continued to fight the tired feeling and tried to move my body, but I couldn't. It's like I was paralyzed. I kept my eyes open and heard the person start talking.

"Yeah, hurry up before someone sees me! Dude, if we get out to the public we're fucked!" The man's voice was extremely deep. I opened my eyes slightly and seen the tall, lanky figure.

He was wearing all black and his face was covered with a black bandanna and his head was covered by a hood, making only his eyes visible.

The man hung up the phone he was on and looked at me. I closed my eyes quickly, not letting him know I was still awake, but barely. The liquid inside of me was quickly taking over and I felt myself slipping away. But I managed to fight a little more to hear a car pull up. I kept my eyes closed but heard a car door open.