Chapter 8 - Dracos Pov

I wake up at 7am and i smile, its the 2nd time since HE died that ive been able to smile. The first obviously when i woke the day after the war, who wouldnt be happy? I was free of him, everyone was.

I went to the bathroom and had a shower, the warm water felt great on my body. After drying myself off and putting on fresh clothes, i go to Hermiones room to see if she wants breakfast, only to find her door open and her bed made. Theres no sign that anyone had even slept there.

Im sure she came to her senses and left early, not to awaken me. It saddens me that i only got to spend one day with her, and in that one day, my whole life had changed. It was only 7am and i already missed her.

After deciding that its best i eat,.i go downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. I open the door with a sigh, knowing i'm alone again, and to my surprise, there she is!

I quietly open the door, not letting her know im there. I can hear her humming a tune... 'Probably muggle music that i wouldnt of heard of' i think to myself. I look around and theres breakfast spread all over the table, it smells delicious, but my mind is only thinking one thing.

How glad i am that she's still here.