31-40

31. Allah says, “And Hell will be brought near that day” {Surah Al-Fajr 89: Verse 23}. Imam Muslim transmitted in his Saheeh a hadeeth from ibn Mas’ood which states, “Hell will be brought near on that day, pulled by seventy thousand reins, each rein held by seventy thousand angels.

32. The Qur’aan orders those who are capable to give charity. One of the best forms of charity is that which is given to a relative, because it consists of two things; charity and strengthening of family ties.

33. Surah ad-Duha was revealed to the Prophet ﷺ after revelation had ceased for some time. Jundub said, “The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) was grieved (for revelation had ceased temporarily) and he did not stand in prayer for a night or two. A woman came and said to him, “O Muhammad! I see that your devil has left you.” So Allah revealed Surah ad-Duha.

34. The first verse to be revealed were the first few verses of Surah al-‘Alaq.

35. Surah al-Qadr verse 5 says, “[That night is] Peace until the rising of dawn.” Ash-Sha’bi said that this means that the angels send their salutations of peace upon those who are occupied in prayer in mosques until dawn.

36. Allah said, “Truly, the human is an ingrate unto His Lord.” Al-Hasan said, “He is the one who counts his afflictions and forgets the blessings that come to him from Allah.”

37. In Surah al-Qariah verse 11, Allah says, “Raging Fire.” Hellfire is 69 times more fierce than the fire of this world.

38. Allah says, “Then, on that Day, you shall be asked about the delight (you indulged in, in this world)” {Surah At-Takathur 102: Verse 5}. This means on the day of Judgment Allah will question us concerning our gratitude or lack thereof for the bounties which He gave us. These include good health, security, sustenance and so on.

39. Concerning Surah al-‘Asr, Imam Shafi’ said, “If people were to reflect on this Surah, it would be sufficient for them.”

40. Surah Al-Ma’un sates, “Yet they refuse small kindnesses.” Small kindnesses include things commonly shared by neighbors or members of the community such as buckets, spades, and axes.