Day 17

Tuesday
8:21 am

I stopped in my tracks and gave the new set of flowers on my table a long look before I finally decided to take a step forward.

I didn't call for Umar, or anyone else, instead picked up the card that had been placed next to the flowers and read the note with trembling hands.

Dear Myra:

Maybe another chance is what we need, isn't that what you think? Then fine, I shall give you what you want. Let's meet at the very same place we went for our first date, at exactly 11:25 pm.

Sincerely,
Rome.

I read the card over and over again, unknowingly letting a smile form on my lips.

For a moment I had thought it was another reminder of my time left in this world or even an earlier expiration date, but that wasn't the case.

It was from Rome. The very Rome I had been asking for a chance from. He was going to give me one. I had a day to prove to him, even only almost hours that things didn't have to go downhill with the two of us.

And I was going to go to any extent to show him that.

I quickly ran out of my office with the card in my hands, rushing past my employees' curious faces to get home to dress in a better attire for Rome and I's meeting.

11:20 am

I fiddled with my fingers nervously, as I sat on the sand, while waiting for Rome to show up. I watched the waves hit against seashore gently sending a gentle breeze towards me.

I inhaled deeply capturing every moment. This was where we went for our first date. The memory would forever be embedded deep into my mind.

"You remembered where we first met?" He suddenly spoke, taking a seat next to me on the sand. "I had thought you'd forgotten, and so I was waiting for you to call and tell me to send you the address or you can't show up."

That wasn't going to happen anytime soon.

"How could I forgot? This was the place where you made your promises to me. You had said you would never break them, and I'm still counting on you not to," I told him, squinting my eyes under the sun's gaze to stare at Rome.

He was dressed in a white t-shirt with khaki shorts; rocking the look like always.

He looked ahead at the ocean for a moment in thought, as if remembering that day.

Just by having him near my heartbeats suddenly began to dramatically beat against my chest. It seemed to feel like the first time we met all over again.

"You look nice," he said instead, his eyes flickering over to me. "That's the dress-"

"You gave me," I finished for him, merely looking down at the white maxi dress I had put on then paired with a jeans jacket. "Thanks for this. It is lovely by the way."

He had gifted it to me a few months back on my birthday, but at that time I hadn't paid it much attention until today.

"I thought you didn't want to be with me anymore, Myra. I thought this was the reason why you had been distancing yourself from Gemma and I. You're confusing me. I'm unable to understand what you really want, Myra. So why don't you explain to me yourself?"