Epilogue

Third Person P.O.V

Dear Gemma:

I was never a great mother to you, was I? I never did anything for you that a mother would do for her child.

But, since the past few days I was wanting all that to change.

I want you to be able to feel close with me. I want you to be able to share all your secrets with me. Most of all I want you to smile whenever you think of me.

I don't want you to cry because of me Gemma. I don't want you to feel hurt, or feel as if you should never have been born.

There's so much I want to say to you. But, I just don't know how to say it all in person. And that's the reason why I decided to write you this letter.

I want to change myself for you and Rome. After Rome told me he was going to leave with you, it made me realize that I didn't want the two of you to leave.

I know I never told you or your father, but I love the both of you. A lot.

Even if things don't work out, Gemma, I want you to know that I'll still be here for you. That whenever you shall think of me, I'll be there for you.

We may be very far away from each other, but if we try hard enough then we can feel close. Think of me with all your heart and you'll always feel as if I'm nearby.

Love,
         Your mom, A.K.A Mrs. Wisconsin.

Gemma hugged her knees closer to her chest, while tightly holding on to the letter as she stared ahead at her mother's grave. She was never going to get rid of that letter.

Never.

It was one of the last few reminders left of her mother now.

Her mother had died a week ago, but it felt like only yesterday when they had all gone out for ice cream.

And now here they were attending her funeral.

She sat there with different emotions running through her mind. She was angry at herself for not giving her mother a chance earlier. She was sad that her mother was now gone forever. She was confused as to why all this had happened. She was frustrated thinking of the words she had once said to her mother.

"I would rather want you dead, then alive and not close at all!"

Now when Gemma thought about that, she realized she was wrong. Gemma would rather want her mother alive and far away than dead.

She wanted to shout and cry, desperately begging for her mother to return.

Yet, she had already tried that all, and it hadn't worked.

Somewhere at the back of her mind, Gemma had a strange feeling that in some twisted way, Myra was aware of her death. And that was the reason why she had wanted to bring back her family in the first place.

But why would she have wanted to do that? When in the end she was going to leave anyways.

Rome took a seat on the ground next to Gemma, a similar letter from Myra in his hands. 

Gemma instantly hugged him as they both cried for the loss they had suffered from.

She tried so hard to make us a family again, Rome thought silently, his heart clenching with pain. And when she was finally so close, this happened.

How could fate do something so horrible to them?

It was only almost a month ago when Gemma thought she would never cry for Myra's death. It was almost around that time when Rome believed the love between him and Myra had faded.

Yet, now here they both were, knowing that they were wrong.

Even though the journey between Myra and her family had ended here, there was something they would all remember her by.

She did something not many people would think of doing.

For the life of another human being she sacrificed her own.

If there was one thing anyone who knew her would remember her by was the fact that she was a hero.

A true hero.