Chapter 2

Soon I hear Prim's muffled cry. I realize she has woken from a bad nightmare. "Shhh, shhh" I whisper soothingly to her. "It was you Katniss, it was you" she pleads. "It won't be Prim. I've got to go, OK?" "Where?" asks Prim. "I'm just going to go see Gale."

As I slip on my Fathers old military jacket, and my leather boots. I find a present Prim has left me; a cookie, homemade. I smile.

I walk down to the Café. As soon as I walk in I catch sight of Gale. He's in my year at school. We have been friends since the deaths of our fathers. They where in the same Military Unit and died during the same bombing.

I sit across from Gale, as soon as I sit down he hands me a scone. Not just any scone one of the expensive rich chocolatey scones. "Is this real?" I ask. "It better be, cost me 6.75 each" he replied. I take a bite and let the chocolatey goodness seep through me. Gale and I sit there quietly as we finish our scones. "We have to leave soon" I remind him. "That's right" Gale replies "training starts in an hour." I start to leave when Gale says "it's going to be OK Katniss, it really is." "It's going to be hard on Prim" I reply. "I know, I know what you are going through. Remember, Rory starts training too." "Don't you even say that," I yell at him. "You have no idea what it was like to see our mother sit there and watch us starve when our father died in the bombing. Imagine if I get drafted. It will happen again, except Prim won't have me to take care of her." I storm out of there in rage. I know Gale has nothing to do with our mother but I can't help getting mad when it comes to her. I still haven't forgiven her. I can't even imagine what would happen if I do get drafted. Oh Prim. What am I going to do?