IMAGINE: James having a crush on you

Bones and you lean on the table looking over medical papers. "So you see these? Those are going to be thorough procedures." Bones says. You are Bones's assistant and very good friend.

      You nod and flip the folder. "Interesting." You murmur. Bones clears his throat and you look up at him.

      "What is it?" You ask.

     "Keep your eyes on me, Y/N. I just want to let you know that Captain Kirk has been watching you for the past couple of minutes." Bones says lowly.

      Your eyebrows draw and you feel heat rise into your cheeks. "What?" You ask.

      Bones nods. "Yeah, he's watching you. Walk over to the cabinet and get me a bottle of medicine." He commands. You do as he says.

     "Yep, definitely looking at you." He declares as you set the bottle on the table. "Pretend like we're talking about the medicine." He adds.

     Bones and you start making gestures to the bottle of medicine. "I'm going to be honest with you, Y/N, I've seen him watching you on multiple occasions." Bones declares.

      Your eyes widen in surprise. "Do you suppose he wants to fire me?" You ask.

      Bones scoffs. "No way, trust me. That look in his eyes definitely doesn't seem like he's going to fire you." He states.

     Your eyebrows draw and you start to turn your head to look at the Captain. "What look?" You ask.

      "No!" Bones exclaims, grabbing your face to make you look back at him. "Don't give him the satisfaction of you staring at him." He says.

      "But I like staring at him." You admit, blushing.

      Bones lets a smile break across his face. "You like him, don't you?" He asks. You lightly shrug, bowing your head to hide the deep flush.

     "Oh, Y/N, you've got it bad." Bones laughs softly.

     "Stop." You moan. You press your hands against your flaming cheeks. "You're making me blush!" You exclaim.

      "Why don't you tell James of your feelings for him?" Bones inquires.

      "How could I tell the Captain that I've been crushing on him every since I've met him? That'd be so embarrassing!" You say.

     "Well, at least you don't have to worry about him not liking you back." He says.

     "You really think he does like me?" You ask wistfully.

     "No doubt about it. He acts different when he's around you. He perks up when you're in the room." Bones says.

     "Oh." You sigh.

     "Go out there and talk to him." He prompts.

     "I don't know..." You murmur.

     "Y/N, go now or I will fire you!" Bones declares seriously.

     Your eyes widen and your back stiffens. "You wouldn't." You state.

     Bones raises his eyebrow threateningly and your shoulders droop. You turn away from him and slowly walk out of the room, your heart threatening to rip out of your chest.

     "Hey, Captain Kirk." You say, smiling as you walk over to him.

     "Y/N, how many times have I told you to just call me James or Kirk?" He asks.

     You wince. "I know, I'm sorry." You say.

     He smiles. "It's all right." He replies.

     James clears his throat. "Bones and you seem to be doing some hardcore work in there." He states, nodding to where Bones is watching you both intently.

     You hide your smile and look away. "Yeah, it's pretty interesting." You mumble.

     "Uh, James?" You say.

     "Yes." He says immediately.

     You sniff and look at him. "I like you too." You state.

      He stares at you, his jaw dropping slightly. "You do?" He breathes.

      You smile and nod. "Yeah, I do." You answer.

       James's breath leaves him in a rush and he pulls you into his arms. You smile and bury your face into his shoulder. You glance up and see Bones giving you thumbs up. You grin and snuggle deeper into James's arms.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!