It's A Dance (9)

I flitted around my room quickly. Landon was waiting for me and I could find my black strappy heels. As soon as I found them I slipped them on and checked my slightly curly hair in the mirror. I was wearing a black and blue dress. The top half was blue with a cut-out at my waist where the two halves joined. The black half fell a few inches above mid-thigh.

When I emerged from my bedroom Landon was speechless. I took it as a good sign and walked up to him with a soft smile. Iliana was whistling behind us and making suggestive comments. I went red as Landon remained speechless while looking me over. He finally looked away and when he looked back he was relatively normal.

"You are stunningly beautiful," Landon said. He blushed and ran a hand through his already messy hair. I grinned and looked at Iliana. She rearranged my hair and hugged me before rearranging it again.

"You're ready," Iliana said before shoving me towards Landon. He grabbed my hand and walked me out the door and down to the parking lot. He held open my door for me and once I was in he closed it and went to his side.

"You look amazing," Landon said as we pulled up outside a nice restaurant half an hour later.

"Thanks Lan," I said with another blush. I had never been good at taking compliments. They always made me blush.

We went inside where nice chandeliers hung everywhere and the lights were turned down low. Landon had booked us a booth and I smiled as he looped his arm through mine. We followed behind the server and ordered our drinks once we were seated. Landon had sat across from me and was watching me intensely while we waited.

"Say something," I commanded. The silence was unnerving and yet it was also comfortable.

"You are amazing."

"Careful Landon, with all this flattery I might begin to think you like me," I warned. Our drinks were placed in front of us and menus were set down. I picked mine up, mainly to block my face from his view.

"What are you having?" he asked while completely ignoring my previous statement.

"I was thinking of the lemon and herb chicken with a Caesar salad. What about you?"

"Definitely the pasta with clams."

"Seriously?" I asked as I put my menu down.

"I will make you try one," he declared. I smiled and took a sip of my drink. He mimicked my actions.

"You can try," I replied playfully. We placed our orders and began talking more about ourselves. This felt more like a first date then dinner with a friend.

"You're pretty cute," he told me when I blushed at him again. He kept telling me I was beautiful and pretty. It made me feel like he was only paying attention to me. It made me feel wanted and special.

"Landon you are such a charmer."

"Have to be if I ever want a girlfriend."