It's A Dance (11)

"Landon I need to shower!" I yelled while hammering my fist on the boring white door. Landon was taking his sweet time in the shower. I swear he took more time in there than I did. Right as I was about to hit it again the door opened to reveal a shirtless Landon. I let out a low whistle to tease him before walking into the bathroom and shoving him out with my towel over my shoulder.

Once I was done in the shower I made my way to my room and got dressed. I put on a pair of black leggings and a Simba sweatshirt. I pulled my hair into a French braid and ran out into the kitchen where Landon was making pancakes.

"Something smells good," I said while shoving my books into my black backpack. I pulled on black combat boots and sat on the counter before a plate and fork were handed to me. I quickly ate my food and did the dishes for him while he ate.

"Thanks," he said between bites.

"You ready yet?" I asked him while observing his black t-shirt and blue jeans. He had red converse on his feet and his grey backpack sat by the door.

"Yes mom."

"Oh shut up and let's get going."

"No good morning kiss?" he teased before washing his plate and fork. Once he was done we left the apartment and went to school.

I sat alone in my classes with no Iliana to talk to. I was already missing her and it hadn't even been a day. In English Landon dropped into the seat beside me and pulled out his Biology work. I felt bad. I had distracted him by watching movies last night instead of having him finish his homework.

"You should have done that last night," I told him while the class worked on writing an essay. It was due in a week.

"I prefer watching movies," he replied without looking up from his papers. His shoulders were tense and he was slumped over. "Though maybe I should have finished this first."

I placed my hand between his shoulder blades and rubbed gently. He sighed as he slowly relaxed. The teacher looked at us and shook her head with a small frown. With a roll of my eyes I went back to working on my boring essay. The hard plastic chairs were uncomfortable to sit in for too long.

"Comfy?" Landon teased as I squirmed around in the seat.

"Incredibly," I replied sarcastically. He laughed and pulled my legs into his lap. His hand absentmindedly rubbed my knee as we worked. With a smile I leaned in to look over his arm at his work.

"What are you staring at?" he whispered.

"Blood types. You messed up. An Rh- can be transfused with an Rh+ but not the other way around. Also O- is the universal donor while AB+ is the universal receptor."

"And to think you're only a year in schooling behind me."

"Yeah sure. Go back to your work."

At the end of the day he dropped me off at the apartment before going to his own house to pick up some stuff. He basically lived at the apartment all the time anyways so I made him go get some of his personal stuff.