Phase 1

"Girls. Get over here. Now." Abby screeched in their faces.

Maddie sat. She counted the heads of her teammates. Five. They were supposed to have six.

Who are we missing? Maddie asked herself.

Just then, Paige, Brooke, Mackenzie, and Chloe sat down and broke her out of her daze.

"Where is Nia?" Abby looked to the moms. "I swear, she wants to be on Broadway, but she can't get here on time."

As if on cue, Nia sheepishly walked to the other girls, her head down.

"Nia! Where have you been?" Abby barked.

Maddie felt sorry for her. She was a really nice girl, but apparently that didn't mean anything to Abby.

"Sorry, Miss Abby. We had some car trouble." Nia's face turned red.

"Well, get here sooner next time. I'll deal with you later. Now, onto pyramid." She removed the first sheet of paper. Paige. "Paige, you lost. We were counting on you, and you lost. You'll do the group number, but no solo." The cameras zoomed on Paige. She suddenly became very interested in the floor, and didn't move her eyes from it. "Next, we have Mackenzie. Honey, you were a beat behind. You'll have a trio with Nia and Brooke. It is entitled 'This is the Moment' by Susan Boyle. All three of you will do the group number." Next she pulled Nia, Brooke directly after. Second to last was Chloe. "You did very well but you didn't win. You'll have a duet with Maddie." Abby smiled.

A duet? With Chloe? We haven't had a duet since last season!

Although she was exited, she was also very nervous. She hadn't talked to Chloe much the past few weeks. She figured it was just a teenage phase, but they were really growing apart.

"And on the top, as usual, is Maddie. You won the overall solo division. Very good job." Maddie plastered a fake smile on her face.

Sure, Maddie loved winning. I mean, who didn't? She just got tired of having the girls being jealous of her success.

Maybe Chloe'll get a solo. Maybe she'll win. Maybe then, I can have my friends like me again. Maddie thought to herself.

"Maddie, Chloe, you'll be doing a duet called 'Unsteady.' It's about a girl who is battling depression and needs her friend to help her get through it. Got it? Our group number this week is a rather bubbly one. Quite simple, actually. Alright, let's get going. Chloe, Maddie, come with me. The rest of you, go with Gia."

Maddie was sure Kelly wouldn't be happy with this.