「 Author's Note: Please Read 」

Coming of Age ● Romance ● Slice-of-life

OLD VERSION: May 2013 – Sep 2016

NEW VERSION: Sep 2020 – Nov 2020

──────

AUTHOR'S NOTE

The idea of this story was conceived during the best and romantic times of my youth, was written during the highlight of my writing career, and was ended during the times where my mind had gone to some very dark places.

Now, I look back to this story with much more clarity on how I want to tell it. With that said, many of the scenes from the previous version have been removed and rearranged and a few never-seen-before scenes have been added to create this new and improved version.

Just a reminder to all rereaders: please do not post any spoilers in the comments. Let the story tell itself.

Despite the changes, this story will remain special in my heart. This is the keepsake of my memories and my love letter to the friends that I had, to the ones that stayed, to my first love, and to the person that I used to be.

──────

The Way It Was Before will be part of the Paid Stories Program on January 6, 2021, at 11 PM (Philippine Time).

(Don't worry, the story won't be under the program forever.)

To know more about this, please visit: www.wattpad.com/paidstories/

You can also get coins by watching ads!

As always, thank you for all your support.

──────

UPDATE AS OF FEB 8, 2022: THIS STORY IS FREE AGAIN.

New and old readers can now binge-read the chapters without the paywalls.

Happy reading!

- Kei