Stop the tape and rewind

Savannah

"Call him now." Hazel suggests the same thing for the tenth time now. I sigh in exasperation and tiredly look at her. "Haze, I can't call him right now. This is his working time and the last thing I want is to disturb him."

"Then, why didn't you call him in the morning??"

"I would've if you had woken me up!" I snap. "You decided that it'd be better if I get some beauty sleep and let me snore my butt off when I could've actually called and talked to Harry. Now I can't."

"Jeez," she rolls her eyes, "I was just looking after you."

"Well, I don't need you to look after me, okay? I need you to kick me in the butt and command me to get my shit together because I'm on the verge of breaking down."

She makes a tch sound and then wraps her arm around my shoulder. "Sav.. Everything will be fine. There's just this gigantic misunderstanding between you two which will resolve the moment you talk to him."

"But, when..?" I wail and lie down on the couch. "I have no idea when he'll get free. The only chance I have of talking to him tonight, when he's ready to go to bed. But, even then I don't know when that'll happen because he might be in a meeting or at a party -" I pause abruptly, terrified by the next thought taking root in my mind. "What if he's with a girl? What if -"

"Oh, shut up! That's utter nonsense." Hazel scolds me. "You and I both know Harry isn't that kind of a person. He's genuine and he's ridiculously good. Almost like a freaking angel, if you ask me. Even though he called it quits but I can bet my life that he wouldn't get close to any girl. He loves you, Savannah. He truly does."

"But, I messed it up.. I don't know what went wrong.."

She groans loudly. "Mis-un-der-stand-ing. That's what went wrong. Now stop whining and get your head in the game. Do you even know what to say to him?"

Her question makes me realize that I actually have no clue as to what I'm gonna say. Obviously, the truth has to be explained but what guarantee is there that he'll listen to my blabbering on call? I suddenly feel very nervous and scared.

"I don't know.." I mumble. "I don't know."

Hazel notices the panicked expression my face. "Okay, look.. The first thing you have to say in order to make him listen to you is that you need just one more chance to explain yourself. Don't start off with blurting I love you, like you always do," she rolls her eyes, "but start off subtly and when you're done unwinding, then tell him that you love him."

I take a deep breath, mentally absorbing and digesting everything and bringing it all into perspective. Maybe, just maybe he'll listen to me without hanging up. This impatience inside of me keeps increasing by the second and all I want to do is hear his voice; his heavy and husky voice which has the ability to calm me down. God, I can't wait for night to come already.

So much for praying for night to come. His phone is switched off. After trying to call him for the hundredth time and wishing that the jackass switches on his phone, I cry my heart out and go to sleep.

The next day, I wake up early and get on with the task of calling him. But, what do you know? It's off again. A dreading sensation overtakes me as I realize that he may or may not have switched it off on purpose so that I don't call and disturb him. Really, Harry? I think to myself. Are you seriously so mad at me that you won't even talk to me? Are you really not gonna ever talk to me again?