Chapter 21

Dedicated to AshleyClarke0 and pixie5522 thank you!

Hermione

I felt a warm body against mine. I opened my eyes to see there was only one candle lit.

I slowly ran a hand through Draco's soft hair. I realized his mum was not by us anymore. I slid my arms under his shirt and wrapped them around his stomach.

Draco

I felt soft hands slide under my shirt and hold me tight. Mum had left a while before so me and Hermione were alone. I surprised her by softly kissing her.

A knock at the metal door made me lightly push Hermione to the floor. If it's dad I don't want Hermione getting hurt.

I stood up and opened the door. Mum looked at me for a second. "You and Hermione are going to the Nott's house until we can fix the house. Your father and I will be at your aunt's house. I love you," she said, kissing my cheek.

"Love you too, mum," I said back. She smiled before apparating.

I turned to Hermione who was staring at the floor where her parents once laid. I walked to her and helped her off the floor. Her eyes didn't move from the spot on the ground, a small stain of blood. I put a finger under her chin to make her look at me.

"Hermione," I whispered. "It's okay, everything will be okay."

I watched as tears welled up in her eyes. "W...why did they d..die?" She asked.

I really didn't want to tell her the reason her parents were killed but I didn't want to lie to her. "Father thought it best if you were emotionally weak when you got here."

I could see it took all she had not to cry. "D...do you know where they are?"

"They were burned in the forest," I said quietly.

A single tear ran down her face. I pulled her close to my chest. "It's okay to cry, Hermione," I whispered, running a hand through her hair.

She hid her face in my chest and a soft sob filled the room as she started shaking. I moved her to the couch and held her in my lap. She quietly cried into my chest.

After a while, she moved from my arms and laid where their blood remains on the floor. She hid her face on the floor and sobbed. "I'm sorry," she choked. She repeated it over and over while I rubbed her back.

We did this for an hour before her sobs stopped and her breathing became even. I gently lifted her off the dirty floor and wrapped a blanket around her.

I apparated to the Nott's garden. I walked up to the house and knocked. Theo opened the door and smiled.

"Everything okay, mate? You were suppose to be here two hours ago," he stated.

"Yeah, we're fine. I'll tell you about it after I lay her down," I said.

Theo nodded and led us to a guest room. I set Hermione down, took off her shoes, and covered her in the blanket. I followed Theo out and left the door open so she would know where we were.

Me and Theo sat not the couches. "So what happened?" He asked.

"We hid on the cell Hermione came in, where she saw her dead parents. She was in shock last night and today she asked me questions about where that were and why they died. She ended up crying on the floor where their blood remains. The crying made her exhausted and with not sleeping much last night, she passed out."

"That's terrible! Is she alright? Should I send mum in there to check on her?" He asked quickly.

"I think she's fine right now, but we might have your mum check on her later," I replied.

"Have you guys eaten?" Theo asked.

"I could use some food," I replied.

Theo snapped his fingers and a house elf appeared with a plate of green apples. I smirked. "You know me so well," I said.

"Alright, don't turn this into a chick flick," he laughed. "So.. other than the whole thing today, how are things with Hermione?"

"She's officially my girlfriend, and she hasn't been tortured in a few days. She has been choked but nothing happened except a large bruise and she passed out."

"You should move out," Theo suggested.

"And leave mum with father and Bella, yeah right!" I scoffed.

I heard the soft sound of feet on the hardwoods. I turned to see Hermione slowly walking in, leaning against the wall. I stood up and helped her to the couch.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her.

"No," she replied, while her stomach growled.

I handed her an apple, "eat."

She took it and started eating.

"How are you feeling?" Theo asked her. "I heard you had a rough night."

"I'm fine," she replied, leaning on my shoulder.

I looked back at her to see she had my wand in her hand. "How did you even get that?" I asked.

"Magic," she replied, waving her hands around.

Theo smirked. I watched as she put glamor charms on her face, arms, and legs. All the scars, freckles, and blemishes vanished.

"Why are you doing that?" I asked.

"To hide the scars," she replied.

"Why?" Theo asked.

"So I don't have to see them."

"But, you don't look like you," I stated.

She sighed and took the charm off. I smiled and put an arm around her.

"Why do you even care so much?" She asked us.

"Well, your my girlfriend and I'm suppose to tell you the truth, and he's my best friend. He's supposed to agree with everything I say," I explained, just to get a glare from Theo.

"No, I'm suppose to disagree with everything you say," Theo replied.

"Except when it comes to girls," I shot back.

"It depends really," he stated.

I looked at a very confused Hermione.

"We must be really confusing if we're confusing the brightest witch of our age," I chuckled.

"Well of course she wouldn't understand this. Only guys know this stuff," Theo replied.

Hermione rolled her eyes.