College!Michael

tbh does college/university even do prom?? or is it homecoming?? I wouldn't know I'm still in high school lmao who cares I like this concept work with it.

College!Michael
(I only put Michael in college because I feel like he would dread university, let's be honest)
(also this is pretty long compared to the others so I'm sorry but the idea just flowed)

Michael was 2 different types of people. He was the loud, obnoxious, curious, funny guy around his friends. Then he was the soft, caring, big hearted, loveable guy when he was with you.

You had gotten used to his two different sides, you were thankful he didn't turn into a huge dick when he was with you and his boys at the same time though. However, you were always considered to be "one of the guys" and it was starting to really bug you. And unfortunately, one day at lunch with Michael and all of his friends, you kind of just had enough.

Michaels friends, which you had known forever as well always treated you as if you were a tag along, never apologetic for being extra gross or saying crude things about your other female friends, and their attitude was rubbing off onto Michael.

At lunch, you all sat at in your usual spot and shot the shit for a bit, you had been staying quiet since they were all caught up in talking about the cheerleaders new uniforms. Even Michael was getting dragged into making unnecessary comments.

"What about you, y/n?" Luke asked, resting his elbow on the table across from you.

"What about me?" You asked back, a little annoyed.

"Don't you think the new uniforms are great? Bet we'd get great views if we sat at the bottom of the bleachers for the next game" Calum added. You scoffed, shaking your head.

"What? Jealous you don't get to wear it too?" Luke said, and you flipped him off.

"Yeah cause I'd wanna wear that after knowing what people are really at the game for. You guys are getting really gross, and it's kind of uncomfortable to be around." You said, already packing up your bag. Michael looked lost, and a little pissed

You met the boys through Michael, and Michael had always been your bestfriend over any of them. And you also just happened to love him more than just a friend, but you were always just 'one of the guys' to him.

"Where are you going? there's still like 20 minutes left" Michael asked, already standing up with you and following you away from the table.

"I just don't like the way you guys talk sometimes and how you think I'm comfortable with it.. It's gross and degrading and if that's the way you treat woman then why would I wanna stick around to eventually be treated like that too?" You stated, standing your ground and making it obvious you had enough.

Michael sighed, disappointment was clear on his face.

"I didn't know you felt like that, but why all of a sudden? You never told me this before." Michael stood awkwardly, you two rarely ever argued.

"I'm tired of being one of the guys, I just wish you'd see what I meant by that. But you don't, and there's nothing I can do about it until you get your head out of your friends asses..." Although you meant for it to come out as rude, your voice was quiet and patient. 

"One of the guys? Who gave you that idea? You're clearly not.. incase you haven't noticed I literally favour you over all of them, and they know it and I always do girly shit with you like go shopping or drop you off for hair appointments or whatever, I'm literally taking you prom dress shop-"

"I don't mean it like that! you do all those things, yeah but you've literally friend zoned the fuck out of me Michael." You cut him off, face instantly going red and hands shaking.

"Oh fuck me, alright well I'm just gonna go." You rushed, not giving Michael a chance to say anything as you walked away.

"y/n ! what the hell was that? Friend zoned? I never- why would you even.." Michael rambled, holding onto your elbow trying to keep you from leaving.

"I'll see you in literature." Was all you had to say before yanking your elbow from his grip.

Michael had gathered up every word you said to him in the last 20 minutes and realized what he had done.

"Oh shit we gotta fix this" Michael said, panicked.

"What do we do?" Ashton asked, and Michael shook his head.

"She doesn't wanna be one of the guys.. So she's not gonna get treated like one anymore." Michael said, an idea already rolling through his mind.

You didn't see Michael in literature, in fact you didn't see him at all for the next 2 days. It was Saturday now, you had called, texted and even tried talking to the other boys but they didn't say much. You were pissed, because Michael was being a little bitch and because you had an appointment for a dress fitting for prom and Michael was your ride there. Now, you were stranded.

You asked your closest friends if they could drive, and none of them seemed to be able to do it for you and you were getting annoyed. And when someone decided to come banging on the door to your dorm room, it was the icing on the cake

"What the fuck do you-"
"Michael!" You said, opening the door and shoving him in the shoulder.

"Y/n don't ask me questions right now. Follow me, we're going to your fitting." He said, already picking up your purse from the door handle and shoes on the floor and dragging you out of the building.

You arrived at the little shop, everything was still planned for today and you did your best to be excited but the drive was so tense that it killed your mood. However, when you walked in and noticed 3 other boys sitting on the cushioned bench, looking at different coloured materials and asking the employees questions, your heart swelled a bit.

"Look, you're not one of the guys.And I'm a fucking idiot-"

"Michael stop -" you tried cutting him off for putting himself down.

"Stop, I need to explain and apologize. We're all really sorry we've been acting like absolute dicks, and we're here to make up for it. Especially me because I planned this and I need to make it right" Michael said, letting out a sigh.

He lead you to the dress rack, bringing out your dress and shuffling you to the dressing room to try it on for the final fitting. When you stepped out, each of the boys held a flower for you and Michael was at the end of the line, holding a bundle of daisies.

"Please go to prom with me, not out of pity, or because we already agreed to go if we didn't have dates.. Go with me because I wouldn't wanna go with anyone else because you literally looks so fucking pretty right now and always do and I've been blinded by my manhood to realize that." Michael said, and you laughed a little.

You took the flowers, thanking him and the boys.

"You're an idiot, but I'll go o prom with you... Only because you owe me for dragging me to the car without shoes on" You teased, Michael hugged you and kissed your forehead. Which wasn't the first time he had done it, but it was meant in a different way.

The rest of the day went by quickly, each of the boys had learned just how hard it is to shop for dresses and learned how to match shoes with ties or ties with a shawl, or whatever it was. And Michael, had learned to never be so oblivious to a girl again.