Chapter 21

(The locket for this chapter, just with different writing. P.S I know this is the Tayvin locket leave me alone. Enjoy!💓)
_______________________________

As Anthony and I walk home from the theatre, happy and peppy, Anthony pulls out a box from his pocket.

"Hey, Jas?" He asks, fiddling with the box. "Yeah?" I ask. Is he going to propose? This soon?

"I got you a present." He says, grinning. I mentally sigh in reality. I wasn't quite ready for a proposal.

"Jasmine, I love you, and I wanted you to always know that." He says, stopping in the sidewalk. I giggle at how cheesy his sentence was, but it of course was sweet.

I try to protest, "I already know you love me-" but he cuts me off by opening the box. A beautiful, golden, heart-shaped locket lay inside the box. I read the small carvings,

J.J + A.R
My dearest, Jasmine

The present brings tears to my eyes. I don't know how how he fit the last three words, but he did. And it's perfect. I give him a huge hug. He puts the locket around my neck, and flips my hair out.

I give him a kiss and whisper, "Thank you." He gives a warm smile, and we intertwine fingers and continue to walk.

I'm excited for tomorrow. It's our first performance on Broadway. I better not blow it.

_______________________________

I put my hair into the signature Peggy style, and apply my natural makeup. Peggy is a pretty boring character. Don't get me wrong, I love Peggy and playing her. It's just, Maria Reynolds has this fire in her, and it just overshadows Peggy. Plus, I actually sing as Maria.

As I put on my new Peggy costume, I twirl around. I soon realize, that I'm still wearing the locket Anthony gave me. I quickly take it off and set it down, not wanting to affect my performance.

Ariana and Carleigh come rushing in. "What?" I ask, trying to calm them down. "Look!" Ariana squeals, shoving her phone screen in my face.

I look to see, the Hamilton Cast recording, on the top of the rap album charts. I can't speak. We're above so many popular rappers, Fetty Wap, Drake, Future, it's just crazy.

After a moment of silence, I scream. "OH MY GOD!" We all start celebrating, until it's five minutes until curtain.

I take a deep breath.

Here goes my first performance on Broadway.

Don't blow it, Jasmine.

_______________________________
Hey lovelies❤️ I hope you are all having a great day! I hope you enjoyed this short chapter😩 Haha, love y'all💕

_______________________________Hey lovelies❤️ I hope you are all having a great day! I hope you enjoyed this short chapter😩 Haha, love y'all💕

Xo.