Chapter Eight

Tritonal - Only Mortal

It's been a few days since the whole accident. Tyler and Craig have been connected at the hip and the others were noticing. Tyler helped Craig with his shot and Craig helped Tyler with computers. Craig's wrists healed and since then, he and Tyler have been getting really close. Too close.

•°•°•

Craig shoots the gun, barely missing the target. "Dammit!" He curses, and Tyler chuckles. "It's okay. Try again." He smiles, and Craig huffs before adjusting his pose and firing the gun. The beer bottle about twenty paces away explodes, glass flying every which way. "Great! Next one!" Tyler smiles happily, and Craig giggles. Craig shuffles over and Tyler follows, while Craig crouches and takes aim. Craig hears a gun that isn't his cock and click, and he freezes. "DUCK!" He shouts, tackling Tyler against the fence.

Tyler shouts out and growls as a bullet pierces his arm, and Craig spots Lui loading his sniper rifle on top of a nearby roof. "Lui! Stop!" Craig shouts, and Tyler looks around frantically as his arm bleeds and flares with pain. Lui stands up before nodding to Craig and sliding down the railing of the building. "I trusted you." Tyler growls, wincing as he rolls his shoulder. "Tyler no! I-I didn't plan this!" Craig refuses as he spins on his heels, echoing footsteps quickly nearing the pair. "Mini! Good to see you alive." David smiles, scowling when he sees the incapacitated Tyler. "Get him to the car before those other idiots notice you're missing. Hurry up." David decides, reaching to take Tyler's gun. Tyler growls at David, who rolls his eyes and takes the gun anyways.

"Hurry up." David huffs, walking off with echoing footsteps. "Don't. Don't touch me." Tyler flinches away from the others touch as Craig tries to grab his shoulder. "If I'm being taken I'm going with dignity, Mini." Craig mentally winces, Tyler never calls him Mini. "I fucking trusted you." Tyler spits out each syllable like it's poison. Craig swallows a lump in his throat but can't help a smile when Lui runs over and hugs him. "Fucking lucky bastard." Lui snarls in a less then terrifying voice, poking Tyler's chest with the end of his gun. Tyler turns his back to the two and audibly winces as he moves his hands behind his back, basically offering to be handcuffed. Craig hesitates but quickly ties Tyler's wrists together as he sees Lui's quizzical expression.

"Lets get going, David'll be waiting." Craig sighs, and Lui nods before shoving Tyler forwards. Tyler snarls at Lui but continues walking, keeping his shoulders straight to prevent further damage to the bullet wound. "You're okay, right?" Lui asks Craig as they walk, and Tyler just rolls his eyes and stays silent. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine." Craig gulps, looking at Tyler's back before continuing walking. "They didn't hurt you, did they?" Lui confirms, and Craig shakes his head no. "They.. they were good." Craig decides, but Lui scoffs. "Stockholm Syndrome, Min." He blows hair from his face, and Craig works his bottom lip between his teeth as they near the car. "Yeah. Probably." Craig lies, gripping his free hand into a fist.

He spots Tyler stiffen and winces mentally, but the small group approaches a black SUV. "You're okay to sit with him, right Min?" Lui asks as he shoves Tyler into the back. "Uh yeah I'll be good." Craig nods, walking around the car and climbing into the back next to Tyler. Tyler just bows his head and shuts his eyes as the car starts and rolls down the road.

•°•°•

"Wanna help question him?" David asks Craig as the small group drags Tyler into the building. "I uh, um sure. Yeah I'll do that." Craig nods, and Lui waves a small goodbye before turning another way. "Good. I don't like this guy." David's lips pull into a snarl as the words drip off his tounge, and Tyler can't help but growl. "Shut up, idiot." David hisses, ramming his knuckles into the tender skin around Tyler's wound. Tyler cries out and falls onto one knee, Craig wincing dispite no pain actually occurring to him. "Don't talk, or whatever, unless you're answering." David demands, and Tyler grits his teeth together. David roughly grabs Tyler's good arm and pulls him back to his feet, shoving him forwards again.

"C'mon Min, in here." David cocks his head towards a door, opening it and shoving Tyler inside. Tyler curses loudly as he looses his balance and falls on his bad arm, raising a huff from David and a gulp from Craig. "David.. can I patch him up? You'll be able to question him right after." Craig asks as Tyler shakily rises to his knees, sitting on the back of his calves and bowing his head silently. "No, he gets patched up if he talks." David says sternly, and Tyler looks up at David with narrowed eyes.

"I'm not saying shit. You can shoot me and cut me and make me pass out but I'm not fucking telling you shit." Tyler snarls, and David cracks his knuckles as Craig gulps.