chapter 8

"Upside Down' is a fantasy love story. It's about love at first sight - when you just fall in love instantly and will battle any obstacle to be with that girl." -Jim Sturgess

CARINA'S P.O.V.

"Ask Mrs. Miller to assist you to your office then come to my office after you settle in" He said and then proceeded to his office. I went to the office of Mrs. Miller and I was surprised that she was already there, beginning her work.

"Good morning Mrs. Miller. Mr. Novell ask me to come here for my briefing." She raised her head from what she was doing and smiled at me.

"Ah yes. Good morning. Come with me." I followed her.

"This is your own office. As you can see, the things in here are already in place, but if you want to rearrange it, you can. Anyway, every morning, you must be here at the office before Mr. Novell arrives. You must prepare a coffee for him so that when he arrives, the coffee is ready. There is also an intercom on your table. Whenever Mr. Novell needs you to do something for him, he will call you on the intercom. There's also a telephone there so that you can use to call and receive calls for the CEO. Also, always check your desktop for notifications from him. Sometimes, he just sends you the files you need to do. Any question?"

"Hmm...What if I need to ask him something, am I allowed to go directly to his office?"

"No. Just contact him first on the intercom then if he says yes, you can enter to his office" What the heck is that?

"Okay. I get it. Thanks Mrs. Miller"

"You welcome dear. Good luck" She smiled at me one more time and then she went to her office. She is a friendly lady, I can say. I sat on the swivel chair and opened the computer. I was waiting for it to boot up when I suddenly heard a voice from the intercom. I got surprised and my heart jumped a little bit. What the....

"Yes sir?"

"So I assume that you have already settled in. Come in my office right now." His voice is so authoritative.

I quickly got up on my feet and went directly to his office. I knocked first and then I heard him said "come in".

"Yes sir. Do you need anything?" I asked him politely, a little awkward and nervous. Don't be like that Carina! This is only your first day, you can do this!

He lift his head and stared at me frowning. I was a bit surprised seeing him wearing eyeglasses. So, he wears glasses.

"Ofcourse Ms. Westbay. That's why I called you here. Anyway, sort out all these files alphabetically, then prepare my schedules for the next 3 months. You have the journal of my last EA, you can use it as a reference. Then, you call all the people who are on this list and verify the date and time of our meetings. Then these files here are about the company profile and stuff that you need to know. You need to read all of that so that you can have a deeper understanding about this company and to perform your duties effectively" My mouth dropped. I looked at all the files that I needed to do and I knew right there and then that it would probably take me the whole day to finish. I was about to pick up the files when he spoke.

"There is an office cart there, you can use it to load all that stuff." I took the cart and put all the things that I needed and was about to leave when he spoke again.

"Ms. Westbay, come here and get this list and read it carefully. If anyone on that list search for me, either by telephone or here in the office, tell them anything to shut them out. I don't want to hear anything about them. Understood?" He said sternly, looking directly into my eyes.