chapter 11

"Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you" -Lorreta Young

CARINA'S P.O.V.

The rest of the flight was silent between us. The air between us got awkward. I didn't know what to do and how to act in front of him anymore. I suddenly felt confuse about him. One time, he was cold and distant, then the next thing I know, he was comforting me not to mention kissed me. I wanted to get away from him but it was not possible, since we were on a plane. I touched my lips absent-mindedly, reminiscing our kiss. That was my first kiss. I wanted to laugh hysterically. HE is not even my boyfriend!

Because of embarrassment, I tried to just sleep it off but I couldn't; but after 3 hours of trying, I finally doze off.

****

I felt someone shaking my shoulder gently and I groaned in protest. I wanted to sleep more.

"Ms. Westbay, wake up. We're here." I recognized the familiar voice and I quickly opened my eyes. I was about to get up when I felt something on me. It was a blanket. My stared at it curiously. Did someone put a blanket on me? Who?

When we went out of the plane, I saw our luggage carried by someone who was wearing a black suit and deposited them inside the car's trunk. He looked like a bodyguard in the movies.

"Bonjour Monsieur Novell, bonjour Mademoiselle". The guy in a black suit greeted politely. I smiled at him in response.

"Bonjour Florent, comment ça'va?" I looked at him curiously. He speaks French?

(Hello Florent. How are you?)

"Très bien monsieur Novell, merci, et vous? Ça fait longtemps"

(I'm fine Mr. Novell, thank you. How about you? It's been a long time)

"Bien. On est là pour une affaire importante et pour se détend un peu" Florent nodded and opened the door of the car for us. Then he went to the driver's seat and maneuvered the car out of the airport.

(I am good. We are here for an important business matter and to relax a little bit)

The air between me and Mr. Novell was heavy that I focused on the scenery outside. The view outside was really splendid that I forgot about my awkward feelings.

Deep inside, I was so excited. It was my first time in France. When I saw the Eiffel tower from afar, I took my phone and tried to capture a shot of it but the sun set almost covered the entire view.

"It this your first time in France?" I heard Mr. Novell said in a strange voice. There was something in his voice. Strange like awkwardness or something that I couldn't pin point. What? No way!

"Yeah" answered politely and the awkward silence was back again.

****

I was surprised when the car stopped in front of a huge mansion and the metallic gate opened. I faced him with a questioning look. I thought we were going to spend our days here in a hotel.

"Is this your house sir?" I asked him in awe. The mansion was proudly standing at the upper part of the city and the view was so beautiful. It was already dark and the lights from the houses, buildings and street lights were creating a breath taking view.

"Yes. This is our ancestral house. My mom is living here with my sister" The grand door opened and I saw a chestnut brown haired girl, her face was brightened by a smile. She ran towards Mr. Novell and hugged him happily. She was roughly the same age as me.