Stage 30 "Discovered"

Escaping was Lucas' top priority. His mind told him there was one possibility with the highest percent of success. He was going to have to bail.

The bike rider drew closer, pulling up so that the vehicle was almost right beside him. Lucas grabbed the edge of the van. It rocked dangerously, almost throwing him off balance. He kept his grip. In a quick move he jumped, target in sight.

His landing wasn't the smoothest. However, the important part was that he made it. As soon as he was behind the biker, his arms encircled the narrow waist. In response, the rider jerked the bike off the road and into the rough terrain amongst the trees.

While the foliage forced the jeeps to cut off their pursuit, the other bikes followed without hesitation.

The roar of engines pounded into Lucas' skull. Wind tore at his helmetless head and his teeth rattled as the bike jumped over uneven ground. Every bruise and cut he had accumulated in the last day screamed in protest.

The rider before him whipped the bike to the left. They shot over a small bump and were briefly airborne. After flying over an overturned log, they landed hard. Behind, a biker missed the bump. He crashed into the log. The bike roared in one direction while the biker went in the other.

Lucas dared to shoot a glance behind.

Three to go.

He pulled out the Taser. Let's narrow it down.

The bike jerked again as the rider changed course.

Lucas turned. He watched the three bikers following in their wake. For a moment he calculated their course and the possibility of it changing. It took a second for him to pick the second biker, the most-steady of the three.

This might be painful. Lucas thought before he lifted the Taser and pulled the trigger.

There was a kick. Wires flew through the air and probes latched on to the target. Lucas immediately let go. The Taser flew through the air as the victim of its voltage crashed to the ground. The bike skidded along without it's rider before coming to a halt nearby, wheels still spinning.

The other bikers shot a glance back. When they turned around, both went for the weapons holstered at their sides.

Great. Lucas' own hand went for his gun. "Weapons!" he warned the rider before him.

The direction changed and the rider began to dodge in and out of trees, making the two as difficult a target as possible. Unfortunately, that also caused problems for Lucas as he tried to get his targets in sight.

He lifted the gun, aiming for a helmet. A tree blocked his vision.

As soon as it was gone something whizzed by dangerously close and smashed into a trunk nearby. Splinters flew through the air.

Live rounds. They're not playing. Lucas aimed again. But then again, neither am I. He pulled trigger at the same time as the bike swerved.

Dirt kicked up behind the bike belonging to the lead pursuer.

Missed. A tree blocked Lucas' view again. Bark flew nearby as another bullet slammed into place. Come on. As Lucas' view cleared, he calculated the next shot. Shoot right and you can take care of both bikes. His eyes narrowed in on the lead biker's tire. His lips twitched. Laters, he thought before his finger squeezed down.

A tire exploded. The lead biker lost control, falling to the side. The other swerved to try avoid him. In the processed he tipped too far to the side. He slid into the other biker while his bike crashed into a tree.