Chapter 13 ♡ One of these days

As it turned out, going to Josh and Ginny's before the premiere party to get ready wasn't the smartest idea we'd ever had.

One hour before we were supposed to leave for the party, Ginny, Lana, Bex and I were all crammed in the bathroom upstairs, feeling pretty useless as Nikki and Riawna were juggling to get everyone's hair ready. Riawna was doing an amazing job braiding my hair in a fishtail, managing to keep a firm grip while laughing every two seconds.

Meanwhile, Josh, Bobby, Colin and his dad, Robbie and Fred were all waiting downstairs. They were starting to get a little bored and kept yelling nasty remarks — which only made it harder for us to stay still.

When we finally got downstairs, all of the boys were slumped on the sofa. As soon as they saw us coming, they started whistling approvingly. I kept my eyes fixed on the ground, grinning broadly and turning slightly red, until I couldn't avoid him anymore.

Our eyes met, and my smile got even wider.

"You look beautiful," Colin said. His gaze ran the length of my body, from my floral sheath dress to the fishtail braid on the side of my head.

By the time his eyes were focused on my face again, I was blushing so fiercely that I had to look away.

A few cabs took us to the venue were the premiere party took place. Everyone was so pumped that the atmosphere in the room was exuberant — and extremely loud. We spent the first half hour trying to greet everyone from the cast and crew, and some of the family members who flew over for the premiere.

By the time we were finally sitting down to eat, I was pretty much starving. About ten people could fit at the round tables, which were neatly set with gleaming tableware. We helped ourselves to food from the buffet and we were chatting excitedly about the premiere when I felt a nudge against my leg.

I looked up and fixed Colin with my eyes, right before he looked away with a smirk on his face. My jaw dropped; knowing he wouldn't be able to hear me over the noise in the room, I quickly grabbed my phone out of my purse and started typing.

Is that your way of flirting with me, Mr. Hook?

My heart was beating way faster than it should be, but I sent the text and tried to keep a straight face as I took a bite of roast potato.

Seconds later, he got a sparkle in his eyes. He looked down and shot me a meaningful look before pulling his phone out of his pocket. I watched as his entire face lit up when he read my text.

Suddenly I was completely oblivious to the half-eaten potato on my fork.

He started typing with an evil sneer on his face, and I absentmindedly fiddled with my fork in a way that hopefully wouldn't arouse suspicion from the others at our table.

Well, if they hadn't noticed anything yet, they certainly did when I pulled my phone out a little too eagerly as it started buzzing.

"What are you two up to?" Lana said, nudging my elbow.

"Oh, it's nothing," I said, smiling like an idiot. "Colin's being a five-year-old once again."

She grinned. "I see."

I focused my gaze on the screen of my phone, where his message popped up.

You know me too well, Swan.

I covered my mouth to stifle my laugh, but I didn't quite manage. Lana's head jerked back in my direction and I just giggled.

You could probably say Colin wasn't the only one acting like a five-year-old. But he proved to be the absolute worst when he wiggled his eyebrows and pointed at my phone.