Chapter 23 ♡ Shut up and kiss me

He pushed me against the door of the hotel room, pressing his hips against mine until we couldn't get any closer. He didn't need to tell me how he was feeling, and I didn't need to tell him either.

I held up my arms so he could pull my shirt over my head. He dropped it on the ground and pulled me closer, pressing his lips onto mine while guiding me backwards. There was a massive squeak as we tumbled on the bed and we both snorted.

"This is not how I imagined this," he said, stopping inches in front of my face to look at me. I felt his breath on my skin and I smelled peppermint and something else that was just Colin.

I smirked. "We don't really need a bed, do we?"

"I suppose we don't." He rolled over to the edge of the bed, pulling the sheets with him and making sure I landed gently on the floor. We decided that the carpet wasn't soft enough, so we pulled the matrass off the bed and dragged it to the wall.

As soon as we were settled, I ran my fingers through his hair and started kissing his jawline. His hands were running up and down my back, but he stopped when his fingers found the strap of my bra.

"Are you sure about this?"

We were laying head to head, lip to lip, and I couldn't believe he was actually asking me that.

"Colin?"

"Hm?"

"Shut up and kiss me."

He groaned and smirked. "Right."

I tugged on his flannel shirt, pulling it out in one quick move. We were both breathing heavily, checking every once in a while if everything was okay. Every memory, from the first time I met him on the plane till the moment he asked me to go to Paris with him, flashed by as I was finally letting him in, as I completely and voluntarily exposed myself to him.

It hadn't always been that way in the past. But I'd fallen in love with my best friend, and everywhere he touched me, my skin was on fire.

"You're beautiful," he said in a moment where we both had to catch our breath. He stroked my hair, which had come out of the braid I made, and put some loose strings behind my ear. His eyes were almost shimmering.

I looked at him, and then I bent down to kiss him right under his ear. "I'm crazy in love with you."

I didn't see his smile, but I felt it. "I'm crazy in love with you, too." 

And then his body answered.

* * *

It was the single, brightest beam of sunlight that woke me the next morning. I immediately shut my eyes again, not because I wanted to continue sleeping, but I just didn't want to wake up.

Every part of last night still felt like a dream. I rolled over, reaching out for Colin, but I frowned when I felt nothing but sheets. And then I had no choice but to open my eyes.

He wasn't lying next to me. He wasn't even in the room.

I got up and looked around, confused. We never shut the curtains and the sun was beaming, so I was squinting as I shuffled around the room to collect my clothes. He must've gone to get some coffee, I thought as I headed to the tiny bathroom.

I wrapped a towel around my head and pulled my phone out of my bag when I got out of the shower. No texts, no missed calls.

He could've told me when he left...

I tried calling him, but he didn't pick up, so I left a message. "Hey, are you on your way back? Give me a call when you get this."

There was no use in getting worried, so I started dragging the matrass and the sheets onto the bed again. I was sweating by the time I'd made the bed, but my phone still hadn't made a single sound. I sat down by the window, looking out over Paris.

My eyes got big when I remembered.

Our flight.

I grabbed my phone to check the time and I felt anxious when I saw that we only had half an hour left before we had to go to the airport.

We slept longer than I thought. But that wasn't really the issue.

The issue was that I had no idea where Colin was, and when he was coming back. Did he realize how late is was?

I started pacing up and down the room, making a couple more attempts to call him but failing every time. The fifth time I called him, it went straight to voicemail.

That could either mean his battery died, or he turned off his phone. Either way, we were going to miss this flight if he didn't come back soon.

"Don't be worried, don't be worried, he'll be back," I said to myself, but I couldn't think straight.

What if something happened? What if he just went to get coffee and got in an accident? What if his battery died and he wasn't able to reach me?

I hated the feeling of not being in control. I tried to ignore it, but I couldn't help but think that something must be wrong.

I started cleaning the entire room, flinching at the slightest sound, but it was never him.

Ten minutes.

I was getting desperate, so I tried calling him a couple more times. Nothing.

I left a dozen messages asking where he was and if he realized that we couldn't miss this flight. We really couldn't miss this flight. Shooting started at five o'clock, and our plane landed at four in the afternoon.

I couldn't just sit here and do nothing. I had to call someone.

Ginny wasn't an option. She would ask why I was in Paris with Colin, and there was no other way of explaining this than telling her we were together. Which I was not ready for. Lana wasn't an option either, for the same reasons, and that also applied to the rest of the cast.

I considered calling Rose, but I decided not to. My parents?

No, it would only make them worried and that was the last thing I wanted.

Two minutes. I had to get downstairs and get a cab. But he still wasn't back, and I wasn't sure if I would be able to carry both of our bags. And I couldn't leave without him!

"Why is this happening, why is this happening," I said, throwing the last few items in his suitcase and dragging it to the door. I put his guitar case next to it and stuck my head round the door to see if he was coming, but the hallway was empty.

I sat back down on the bed with my phone in my hands. There was one person left, someone I hadn't seen or spoken in a while, but right now it was my only option. He was the only one I trusted the way I trusted Colin.

I scrolled through my contacts and stopped when his name popped up. It felt weird to see his name on the screen, but I took a deep breath and called him.

The phone kept ringing. By the fourth time I was convinced that he wouldn't pick up and my stomach started aching, but then I heard his voice in my ear.

"Jen?"

I sighed with relief and it dawned on me that I was on the verge of tears. "Thank god you answered. Jesse, I don't know what to do."  

♡ FACT: Jesse Spencer was her co-star in House, and they dated from July 2004 until August 2007. What do you think is going to happen? 😏 ♡