Chapter 25

25- Nova

Me and Van raced along, horse and fox, side by side. The others had all gone their separate ways Mark with the warning that we may end up slightly hypnotised if we listened to closely to his spells. With that warning I tried to focus on some mind diffusion sending nice images to the dog that lived two doors down from my house. It was asleep and thanks to me having some pleasant dreams. 

   The hunt was only around a half mile away so we didn't have far to travel. Once we got fairly close Van stopped and I followed suit. "You need to unleash your spirit fox now Blaze, if that's what your still intent on doing." I nodded but sent him a picture of a question mark. 
   "Fine, what you need to do is call on him or her. It's fairly simple, all you need to say is I need you and their name. You just have to figure out what that might be."
   I thought for a moment. A name that I recognised maybe? A name that I had always liked? Yes but it also had to fit the criteria, a name for a time and space controlling spirit. 
   "Nova I need you," I whispered concentrating solely on that phrase. That is where everything dissolved. My whole perception of reality changed so that I was watching the events unfolding from a third person perspective. I could now Van standing next to what I could only assume was Nova. 
   She was much larger than my average fox form, around the size of a Great Dane. Her body was slim and graceful filled with power and authority.  Her fur blazed red like fire, emitting a low glow that illuminated the early morning sky except at the extremities of her body which were as dark as midnight in the desert. Her eyes were a green colour unlike any from our world and reflected this.  Her expression was steely and determined, I knew she would get rid of any threat to us. I could trust her. 

"Lets go," Nova said in a low growl