Deals, Vows, and Promises

"And there it is. That's your baby, Mr. and Mrs. Han."

This words still seemed so surreal. Even as I stared at the moving ultrasound on the screen, I couldn't believe my eyes. There was something alive inside me. It was going to grow. It was going to have hair and a heartbeat. It was going to laugh and cry. It was going to keep me up all night. It was going to make me sick. It was going to break my heart. It was going to make me cry. It was going to take up all my time.

And I was going to love it so hard.

I felt Jumin squeeze my hand. I looked up at him. I hadn't seen him so scared since he thought I was going to leave him. Was he regretting his words from last night? I don't know what he was thinking. His eyes were fixed on the screen. I could see our baby reflected in his eyes. I knew this sight was something I could never forget.

I squeezed his hand as the doctor turned off the machine. He told me about what vitamins I needed to take and foods to avoid. He explained that I needed to keep healthy. He gave me all my restrictions. I assured him that this wouldn't be the last time he would hear from us this week. I knew Jumin well enough to know he would call the doctor with every little question that crossed his mind.

After shaking our hands and congratulating us, the doctor left. It was just Jumin and I left in the office. I sat up off the edge of the bed, kicking my legs back and forth a bit. I was waiting for him to say something. Say anything. His silence was making me uneasy. I didn't want to try to get words out of him. This had to happen on his own.

Jumin stood up from the chair. He offered his hand to me in silence. I grabbed my purse as I took his hand with my other hand. He laced his fingers through mine as he led me out of the room. It was comforting gesture. We always held hands in public. It was like a leash for him. However, when he was just doing it out of habit, he just cupped my hand and tugged me along. Fingers clasped meant that he was feeling clingy. This was a good sign.

We got into the car. I buckled up the seatbelt before he could even remind me. I wanted to prove to him that I was going to protect myself and our baby. I was going to be just as protective as he was over our little one.

Something wet hit my hand. Just a drop. I looked at Jumin. Those cold eyes were melting into water. He tried to keep himself under control. He held back his emotions while in front of the doctor and out in public, but this was just us. He was comfortable. He couldn't control it. He had never actually cried in front of me before. Honestly, I don't think he had allowed himself to cry since he had heard about Rika's death, which even V confirmed was only once and for a very short time.

I picked his hand up and kissed the top of it. I wanted him to know I was here. I didn't want to interrupt his thoughts. He looked at me. The wetness was still around his eyes, but he had wiped away the actual tears. His look was so compassionate. He brought my hand up to his lips and kissed the top of it.

"Anything you want in life, I will give it to you," he said softly.

"You already do," I told him as I moved his hand to my stomach, "and you already have."

"You are going to be an amazing mother, kitten," he said with a smile.

"I'm going to be a mom so doesn't that make me a cat, and this little one the kitten?" I asked him with a grin.

"You are always going to be my kitten," he said as he kissed my forehead. "Sweet, adorable, feisty."

"We have to keep this a secret for now," I told him, "but I know that you want to tell your father as soon as possible."