06.2

LOOKING UP AT HIM, Cedes felt her eyebrows rise in shock. Was he serious? Looking around him towards what she assumed to be a dance floor, only to look back up at him and his offered hand.

     "...Really?"

     "Yes really. Come on, I don't bite hard," he teased, smirking down at her as she continued to look between his calloused hand and his devious eyes. Knowing he wasn't about to take no for an answer, Cedes reached out and took hold.

     She wasn't sure, but Mercedes swore she saw a glimpse of relief flash across his face before his regular flirty features took over. Standing from the table, she was led out onto the floor, he striding besides her with confidence leaking from every crack. A slow smile graced her lips as she walked besides him, stopping only when he let her get ahead and pull her back, she going on instinct as her arms went up and around his neck while his wrapped around her waist. 

     Tilting her head upwards, she felt that smile tilt up more-so as he flashed her a smirk, his feet moving in sync with the slow music playing near the bar. The two moved with the rhythm, his feet not once stepping on hers. A slow smile graced her lips as it seemed that Paul knew a bit of dancing as well. "You're not new at this," she commented, it not a question but a statement.

     A sheepish grin spread across his features before nodding, "When I was a boy, I was the ring bearer for my father's wedding. I had to know how to dance." She took notice of how he didn't speak of the woman his father married, and Cedes made sure not to ask. She didn't particularly like to talk about her family, and perhaps he was the same way. "What got you into dancing?" His question brought her back on subject, she then chuckling afterwards.

     "My mother.. She, uh, was a dance teacher. Said it was crucial for a girl to know how to at least slow dance. My love for it didn't come till a few years later." Instead of asking about her, Paul simply nodded and shot her a grin as he spun her out, only then to bring her back in. A soft laugh bubbled past her lips as she smiled. "I see you know more than what a ring bearer might," she teased, earning another smile from him. 

     He should smile more often.

     "Yeah," he chuckled, "Emily is having the guys know a bit or two about dancing for her and Sam's wedding. Kinda have to know a bit more if I want to keep eating the food," he then joked, flashing her an 'innocent' smile, which in turn earned him a laugh.

     "Ah, I see. So in exchange for food, you'll be willing to learn how to dance. Got it. Now I know how you work." 

     He sent her smirk, spinning her out before bringing her back in. The feeling of her hands wrapping around his neck sent goosebumps over his arms. "Hey, dancing is also good points with you, so there's that," he joked, making her smile once more. It seemed she was doing that more and more since he brought her out on the floor. The two just seemed to fit well together, even with their rough start.

     The memory in itself made him cringe. He could never fix that wound he caused her, but he could help patch it. Heal it. Heal themselves. But that's only if she'd let him in. He could only hope she would.

     The dancing itself was smooth, the two of them moving as if they were two pieces of a puzzle meant to fit together. With his hands on her lower back and hers on his neck and shoulders, the two were pressed against each other.

     Everything felt at peace right then and there. Nothing was wrong. No secrets were held. All smiles adorning their features.

     From what he could see, she was truly happy. Paul just hoped he could keep her as such for future times.

     "Hey, so there's something else I'd like to show ya," Paul began, watching as her eyebrow raised out of curiosity, "wanna get out of here?" Taking his hands off from her waist, he offered her a hand to hold onto. It looked as if she hesitated, making him flash her a soft smile, not showing the hurt he felt. "Come on, I don't bite."

     "Hard?" she teased, she entwining her fingers with his, hearing his deep chuckle afterwards. 

     He smirked and confirmed, "hard, that is." Both smiled as Paul then turned, leading the way past their table. He stopped long enough to put the desired amount of cash on the table before making his way to his truck, she holding his hand the entire way out the door.

Vote | Comment | Follow