Chapter 19 ~ Hide and Go Seek

Savannah's POV

I strolled the serving tray to the service elevator headed to the second floor and stopped at Room C and knocked. The door opened and the older lady from earlier answered.

"Come in," she said politely. She opened the door wider and I rolled the cart in.

"You can place it over there by the window. Thank you for bringing this up. My son and nephew had to leave so I will be eating alone."

"No problem, you're welcome." I rolled the cart in some more where I followed her instructions.

"Let me grab my purse for your tip."

"Oh no. No tip is required. I was just helping out Ms. Bernadine while she attended to another guest."

"Oh how kind of you."

I smiled. "Oh if you need anything else, you can dial zero and it will ring to the front desk."

"Actually is there a pharmacy nearby? I left my medicine back home."

"Have you contacted your doctor and let them know?"

"Not yet. I'm calling him now." She walked away for a moment and came back looking disappointed. "He's not answering so I had to leave a message, I just hope he calls back."

"The pharmacy is only opened for another thirty minutes but I maybe able to help. I'm actually a physician. If you don't mind me asking which medication you're on?"

"My blood pressure medicine, Toprol-XL. I've been traveling and totally forgot to grab my new bottle."

"If I had my cell phone I could get it but I've seem to have misplaced it. My clinic is around the corner. I might have some samples to hold you until you can get back home. You shouldn't miss a dosage as it can cause your blood pressure to rise."

"That would be great."

"My car is right outside and we can be back before your food gets completely cold."

"Let me text my son."

I waited as she texted and then we were headed downstairs when I ran into Robbie.

"Mom?"

"Robbie I thought you were getting your things?"

"I got sidetracked."

"Ms. Bernadine is looking for you. Why don't you go ahead and eat. I need to run to the office for a minute."

"Okay," he said putting his arms around my waist. I kissed the top of his head.

"I love you mom."

"I love you too baby. Go get something to eat, I'll be back in a flash." I watched him walk away.

"He's a cutie pie."

"Thank you."

"Oh I'm Sylvia Daniels. How rude of me not to have introduced myself."

"No problem. I'm Savannah Reynolds. I'm not normally delivering meals to guests but I am the town's physician on call." We shook hands.

"Pleasure to meet you," she said. Sylvia had that look of being classy and sophisticated. Her dark black hair had streaks of grey that were pinned up reminding me of Jackie O. The tailored blue suit and pearls around her neck screamed money. She followed me to the car and I drove off.

"So Sylvia what brings you here to our town?"

"My sister-in-law died."

"So sad."