Chapter 5

Camila's POV

I was walking through the mall with my mom and my little sister when I heard someone start to yell my name.

"Camz! Camila!" I looked around until I felt a pair of arms hug me. It took me a little bit to figure out that the dark haired girl was Lauren.

"Lauren? Oh my god!" I smiled as I hugged her.

"I guess we're the first ones from the chat to meet?" She laughed.

"I guess so!"

"Babe, who's this?" I heard someone ask.

The guy we know as Brad walked up behind her.

Oh my god, he really doesn't have any lips!

"Brad, this is my friend Camila. Camila, this is Brad." She smiled.

''Nice to meet you." He smiled.

He stuck his hand out. I don't wanna touch it, but I don't wanna be rude.

I nodded and shook his hand. "I better get going. I don't want my mom to worry." I lied.

I mean, she would be worried, but I wanna get away.

"Wait, lets take a picture real quick!" Lauren said.

"Okay." I smiled.

I walked over and she held up her phone and snapped a picture.

Rory's POV

I laid down on the football field, surrounded by the hundreds of other high school students.

We had been in third hour when our principal had came over the intercom and told us to evacuate the building. Turns out, it was because of a gas leak.

"Is grandma on her way?" I asked Liam.

"I don't know. The last thing I got was that she would be here soon." He replied.

"Hopefully we can go back in soon. I left my lunch in Obregon's." Alex mumbled.

Carrigan rolled her eyes. "We have a freakin gas leak and all you're worried about is food?"

He smirked. "If I'm gonna die, might as well do it on a full stomach."

Liam and I chuckled at his response. I felt my phone vibrate and saw Liam pull his out.

Must be the group chat.

Ralph: Look who I ran into!

DJ: About time some of us meet! Any of y'all wanna come to Cali?

Mani: I would if I could. I would if I could.

Liam: Mani and Ally, what are you two doing this weekend?

Allysus: Nothing on Saturday and church on Sunday