Muggle Sleepovers and Secrets Revealed

NYMPHADORA

Tonks sighed, leaning against her bed, slouching to the floor in front of It. Why, why, must she make a fool of herself? And the worst part? It's always in front of him.

Remus Bloody Lupin. She sighs again. That man will never realize just how much she wants him. He always seems to be the one to come to her rescue, her knight in shining armor. Hmmm....Remus in armor.....

She supposed the costume would fit him well, what with his Gryffindor bravery and instinctive chivalrous ways. Of course, he would need a damsel in distress to go and rescue from the dragon....oh right. She's the damsel and the terrorizing dragon is her own two feet. Ugh. She put her head in her hands. Is it really that much to ask that once, just once, she doesn't make an utter fool of herself in front of him? Clearly.

In the midst of self-pity induced thoughts, came a knock on the door. Her heart lurched at the thought it might be him. Don't be ridiculous, she chided herself. Standing with ease and raking a hand through her vibrant purple mop, Tonks opened the door.

And there on the threshold stood Ginny and Hermione. Tonks smiled at Ginny and was about to do the same to Hermione, but then noticed the look on her face. Yikes.

"Wotcher, Gin. 'Mione. How can I help you?" She tried hard to keep her foul mood out of her voice, but the Metamorphagus knew from one glance at her face that Ginny saw right through it. A rather lot like her mother, that one.

Ginny turned to Hermione. "Umm..maybe this can wait...?" She trailed off uncertainly.

"No, no. From the look on Hermione's face, this is important." Tonks answered.

Hermione nodded, but Ginny didn't look too convinced. "Are you sure?" She asked softly, but the determined kindness in her eyes spoke volumes. Tonks inclined her head to her before giving a pointed glare, though with no icy harshness. After all, it's Tonks she's worried about.

"Yes I'm bloody well sure. Now. Come on in," she said with a smile that suddenly didn't feel fake.

Plopping down on her bed, she watched the two join her, on either side so they were all layed out horizontally. Tonks must've been right about Hermione having something important to address. She softly cleared her throat, and they turned to face her as she stared back with a practiced, composed face.

"Look. I have a feeling about something, something to do with you. Or, more precisely, someone. Now. I need you to be completely honest with me Tonks." She paused to lock the door, and waited for her to nod consent. When Tonks did, she continued, "I know who you like."

She paused for a moment, looking unsure, and then asked her, "Would you like me to say who it is, or would you like to do the honors?" One look at her face and Tonks could tell she knew. She really is the smartest witch of her age. However both girls were easy to read as well, so she figured a little blackmail wouldn't hurt.

"You can, Hermione, however, if this gets relayed anywhere, let's just say that a certain fifth-year Weasley might just know something he didn't before." Her face turned as red as the Hogwarts Express, making her and Ginny smile.

Ginny intervened before Hermione could speak, clearly to deny liking Ron. "Anyways, I swear I won't tell anyone. Now come on and tell me! I need to know now!"

Hermione now turned to the pair, all bashful blushing gone, and simply said, "Tonks likes Lupin."

Ginny's gasp was loud in the now-silent room. There was a pause, and Tonks held her breath, unsure what to say. Though she supposed the vibrant blush on her cheeks spoke for her.

"OH. MY. MERLIN!" Ginny squealed, screaming and effectively breaking the silence and tension in the room.

"You two are absolutely perfect for each other! I can not believe I didn't see it-" she was cut off by the loud yell of, Alohomora! and an intrusion of none other than Sirius Black and Remus Lupin.

"What is the probl-?" Remus broke off as he skidded to a stop, Sirius right behind him. It seemed to take him a moment to read the scene, Hermione smirking, Tonks blushing scarlet, and Ginny giggling and making knowing smirks.

"Hello Sirius. Professor Lupin. Can we help you?" Tonks wasn't sure how she did it, but Ginny was managing to keep a straight face. For that, she was thankful. She didn't know how much they had heard, but she definitely didn't feel like explaining to them that Ginny was squealing about her non-existent love story with Remus. Tonks felt that she had embarrassed herself enough for one day, thanks.

Sirius recovered first. "What the bloody hell did I just walk into?" he asked no one in particular, but Tonks felt it was necessary to answer.

"Um. My bedroom." Remus laughed. When she looked over, and saw his features alight with laughter, she couldn't help it. She joined in, her soft giggles melding with the girls', and Sirius looked put-out before he too joined in, his bark of a laugh harmonizing with Remus' hearty chuckle. It made her feel warm inside to know that she caused that laugh. She almost sighed like a bloody love-sick teen as he ran his hand through his already rather mussed-up hair. Oh, how she wished to be the one to do that...and to be the one who makes him laugh, and hug him when he's sad, and kiss him.......Ugh! She can't believe she was daydreaming while staring at him again! Tonks had no real way of knowing how long she was out of it, until she took in the sight of the girls' knowing smirks, and Sirius looking at the scene with a regal smile as he leaned against her door frame. She breathed a sigh of relief as Remus turned away, apparently oblivious of her rather obvious staring. Phew.

*****

After reassuring them (mainly Remus, who seemed more concerned) that they were in fact, okay, and not currently being attacked, they left the room, Remus with a soft smile and polite goodbyes, and Sirius yelling, "later losers!" at the top of his lungs.

Tonks could tell the girls were practically bursting as they shut the door behind them, but they knew well enough to wait until Remus was heard yelling at Sirius to stop eavesdropping. With his grudging footsteps echoing up the stairway, they turned expectantly to her.

"He so likes you! He couldn't stop looking over at you," Hermione spoke up, knowingly, a hint of Ginny's excitement in her voice. Her statement was followed by a quiet squeal. It was rather shocking to see uptight Hermione squeal. Not that Tonks thought she was too prissy for that; no, it was just funny as she was usually so reserved.

It was with a much happier attitude than several hours prior that she spoke to the girls who were currently planning her and Remus' wedding, much to her humor and astonishment. "So, would you two like to have a proper muggle-style sleepover?"

To which Hermione added, rather devilishly, "Only if we can play truth or dare with the boys first. And Remus and Sirius, of course."

Ginny and Tonks nodded, soon smiling as wide as Hermione. Perfect. Now all they  needed was to persuade the boys to play.