Banisters and Love Proclamations

RON

Oh bloody hell. When Hermione asked him to play Truth or Dare, there was no way he could resist. He'd seen guys go ridiculously mushy and give in for girls, and always thought they were rather pathetic and weak. But, but there was simply no physically possible way to look at her pouted lips, and shiny chocolate eyes welling with tears and turn her down. Of course, it didn't help that he bloody loved the girl. Wait. He loves Hermione Granger?! When did this happen? 

Ron was snapped out of his startlingly enlightening revelry by none other than Hermione Granger. "Ron! Truth or dare?" she asked with a glint in her eye. He gulped, recognizing that glint. There was no way he was going to chicken out, though. 

"Dare." the redhead was proud that his voice didn't shake in spite of his obvious impending doom. 

Hermione then looked startled and turned to Ginny. Oh bloody hell! Ginny was way worse with that glint in her eyes. The two whispered, and Hermione looked terrified, shaking her head, No, no. If he was nervous before, it was nothing compared to now. If she was having second thoughts about this as payback from their argument, then he didn't want to hear it, never mind be forced to do it.

"Ugh, fine Ginny. But you really are rather evil, you know that? Ron. I dare you to tell everyone here who you fancy by sliding down the banister of the staircase, screaming 'I Ronald Weasley do proclaim my love for...'"

She looked over anxiously at his face, the only one seemingly worried besides him about this new development. Ron gulped. Ginny......

"Erm. Right. Here I go then." he said, unable to keep the fear and squeak? out of his voice. Great. Just bloody great. Now he had to proclaim his love for Hermione-with her listening, and then she'll probably slap him and go snog Harry. He shuddered at the thought. 

He reached the staircase far too soon for his liking. Climbing onto the rail, he briefly considered lying. That idea is thrown out the window when he remembers the simple fact that all drank Veritaserum before playing. Oh bloody, bloody, hell! 

He slowly clambered onto the rail, face as red as his sweater, and heart pounding. He took a deep breath and spoke the mandatory words. 

"Attention, attention! I, Ronald Weasley, do proclaim my love for..." Ron broke off, almost in tears on top of all the other embarrassment. "I do proclaim my love for Hermione Granger."

In the split seconds it took, he caught smug glances between everyone, and a shocked and pleasantly pink Hermione. Then with a yell, he lost his balance, careening off the side, and everything went black.